Immunizations against Anthrax

What would be the best way for a civilian to get immunized against Anthrax right now?

No trolls please…

I believe that you can still enroll in a CDC study of anthrax vaccine safety and immunogenicity at any of six study sites in the U.S. including Emory University, the Mayo Clinic, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, and three others. If you can’t find the information by searching CDC’s website today, check back again in a few weeks.

I couldn’t find the CDC webpages but Emory Univ has a page describing the study: http://www.emory.edu/WHSC/HSNEWS/releases/may02/anthrax_study.html

FWIW, I’ve had my series of shots. They hurt. And what they tell us is that the shots are meant to work in conjunction with MOPP gear. So, if you’re standing around and get gassed, the vaccine isn’t really going to help you if you don’t have a gas mask or other protection to throw on. I’m not a doctor, so I don’t know how accurate this is.

From Yeah’s link, this had me laughing:

That’s how it was administered to everyone in my group. And you still had plenty of people with pain and swelling. A couple people had abnormal swelling. My advice, if you ever get it, is to get it in the arm and do a bunch of push ups immediately after. This helps keep my discomfort to a minimum.