Improper music at improper times.

Funeral: Break on Through by The Doors

9/11 tribute: Free Falling by Tom Petty

There is never a situation where it is wrong: Yakety Sax by Boots Randolph

Honeymoon: Too Drunk to Fuck.

Speech in front of a large crowd: I Touch Myself by the Divinyls.

Unless you’re behind a large lectern.

At your wedding: The Kiss, by The Cure

One I’ve actually seen: the **Dies Irae ** from *Mozart’s Requiem * as background music to a television advertisement extolling the safety virtues of tyres.

Wedding - Just about anything by Meatloaf, but ‘Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad’ and ‘Paradise By The Dashboard Lights/Waiting For The End of Time’ come to mind, specifically. >_>

Muzak for a vasectomy clinic - Detatchable Penis.

Suicide crisis hotline hold music: “Jump,” among many many others.

The Police’s Every Breath You Take at a wedding?

At a feminism rally, He Hit Me (And It Felt Like a Kiss).

At the filing of an “Enzyte” commercial, Short Dick Man.

:smack:

At the fil[i/]M*ing…

At a Presidential Inauguration: Take This Job And Shove It

At a Seventh-Day Adventist congregation: “Let’s Get Drunk And Screw”

At a wedding, obviously: I knew the bride when she used to rock’n’roll

At a drug rehab clinic - Comfortably Numb

At a Kindergarten graduation ceremony - Hell is For Children

At the opening of the Bill Clinton Library: Hit 'Em Up Style by Blu Cantrell

This is terrible… but as a teenager, I went on a 24 hour fast with a church group (I didn’t belong to that church, or that denomination, but a bunch of my friends were going to be there, and it would be like a huge sleepover, with boys and girls, but no food, just hourly juice… so I went and raised a little money for some starving kids in Africa).

Anyway, about an hour before our fast was over, it was announced that we would be taken to the hall for a huge pancake breakfast, with bacon, eggs, toast, donuts, juice, and pancakes, of course. This excited me. You see, I was hungry.

During that final hour, we were herded into a room to watch a documentary about the poor starving children. I felt bad for them. I really, truly did. But I only had one thing on my mind by that point. And I couldn’t resist, singing softly (but just loud enough for most to hear), in a squeaky, cartoon-y voice: “Food around the corner! Food around the corner! Food around the corner for me!” (it was the song that little flea sang, in a Disney or Warner Bros cartoon).

It was deemed terribly inappropriate. However, the supervisors laughed and just told me to cut it out. But I was well known for that song for many years after the incident.

Hope this doesn’t bring down the mood:

A few weeks ago a family friend was shot and killed while having lunch at an outdoor cafe with her two daughters. After my wife and I found out we jumped in the car to spend time and console the friend’s family. As we started the car the song Right Place. Wrong Time. by Dr. John. Talk about bad timing.

Wasn’t there a commercial a while back with a hearse driver playing Another One Bites the Dust by Queen? That really cracked me up.

Whoops. I meant that the Dr. John song was on the radio as we started the car.

One that honestly happened at my own wedding. It was in a small, rural town. We asked the DJ to simply play appropriate classical music during the dinner. It was pretty clear that the small town, rural DJ didn’t play much classical music, but he looked game.

The first music, after everyone was seated and began eating: Mozart’s Requiem.

From reality: after I and Lady Mung saw The Passion of the Christ (and an excellent date movie it was…thank Og we were already serious at the time) we get into the car and turn on the radio and whaddya know…How Far is Heaven by Los Lonely Boys.
But that’s not all.
I change the station and get What if God was One of Us by Joan Osborne. I turned off the radio and lit a cigarette. Too weird.

Suicide Hotline hold music “Yesterday”
Mothers Against Drunk Driving meeting: “Beer Run”
Sex Addicts Anonymous meeting- “Closer”

My favorite would be Yakkety Sax at any somber event. I want it for my own funeral. :wink: