In response to a question by poster Sinyster1

Don’t have time to dig up relevant quotes for these responses:

1. Veteran posters have been banned.
  2. Plenty of posters with low post counts have made uncalled for remarks and been banned, not because the post count was low, but because all their comments have been insensitive/inflammatory/whatever, except perhaps a few neutral posts. I believe they are warned first, and when they don’t heed the warning, out they go.
  3. Opal can tell you that established posters get called out, by mods or other posters, for comments that were either offensive or mistakenly taken as such. (Note: I am not calling you out, Opal!)
  4. This board tries to maintain a certain…I don’t want to say ‘tone’, but we don’t allow things like hate speech. We discuss manny controversial issues here, and if personal attacks or maliciousness enter into it, the board would be chaos.
  5. This is a great board, one of the best. If you lurk a bit more, you may find incentive to stay. If you still feel stifled by mods and rules, then leave.

When a poster has a problem with what another poster says. That poster will come to the pit and rant.

When a moderator has a problem with what a poster says, and threatens him with banishment from the board, I do not think the same action is at all appropriate.

Settle it amongst yourselves.