In which he commits sacrilege by indicating a mod sucks.

Czarcasm (though you clearly don’t understand the concept):

Gimme a break!

People EXPRESS OPINIONS here that support activities which are currently illegal at least 100 times a day.

Check out the currently running IMHO “Windows XP” thread and all the folks offering tips on pirating software or using the cheaper “upgrade” version without actually having the prior version. Or, try searching for MP3, Cable Decoder, or Abortion Clinic. If you REALLY want a deluge, search for drug-usage-related terms.

But let’s look and see what people “advocate” in IMHO.

Let’s start with defamation of character:

Then we can move on to torture:

And my personal favorite: assault, harassment, mental anguish:

Those are just from topics on the first page of IMHO right now. I shan’t burden you with dozens and dozens of more examples by using “search.” And yet, you didn’t see fit to comment on any of these…

Could it really just be that you’re biased? That certain “illegal” things are okay by you, but because I say “slash his tires” (in a clearly satirical way) you’re gonna whack me with your mod hat? Maybe it has more to do with the fact that I DON’T tend to toe the company line of SDMB required political outlook (TM pending)…??? I reiterate: gimme a break!

While you’re at it, check the definition of “advocate” in a dictionary, 'cuz you sure don’t understand it currently.

Yeah, they’re out to get you because you’re such a rebel. That must be it.

:wally

Link: Move Your Goddam Car! Is this legal?

Oh, shaddap.

And you quoted me without proper attribution.

Wanker.

:confused: What? What are you talking about, friedo?

DrLizardo quoted a post of mine in this thread, wherein I said,

And he failed to mention that it was I who came up with this amazingly brilliant idea. Ergo, I am deeply offended.

Ack! The rebellion! The unfettered anarchy! Please, someone protect my virign mind!

Well, okay, I can see your point. Not sure about the “deeply offended” bit, but yes, you do have a point. The OP must have been saving that stuff up, or whipped the hamsters into a frenzy searching. Thanks for the clarification, friedo.

<< Check out the currently running IMHO “Windows XP” thread and all the folks offering tips on pirating software or using the cheaper “upgrade” version without actually having the prior version. Or, try searching for MP3, Cable Decoder, or Abortion Clinic. If you REALLY want a deluge, search for drug-usage-related terms. >>

If/when any urging of illegal activities comes to our attention, we delete it and/or warn the poster.

A search for key words isn’t usually helpful, because there can be legitimate inquiry. “What are the medical implications of heroin addiction?” is an accceptable question for GQ, and is in no way encouraging illegal activity. “Where can I get heroin?” is not acceptable.

The problem with being sarcastic when you urge someone slash tires or whatever, is that we can’t read your tone of voice or facial expression, and it’s not always clear where the line is drawn.

OTOH, this website is not compulsory. If you’re unhappy, DrLizardo, there are plenty of unmoderated message boards where you can say whatever you damn well please.

Whine, whine, whine, whine, crab, crab, crab, crab, crab, whine, whine.

Bah.

“Oh bitch, bitch bitch!”
-Grampa Simpson.

That’s tellin’ him, C K Dexter Haven!

:stuck_out_tongue:

You say Mods “sucking” like its a bad thing!

DrLizardo, let us take a hypothetical. Let us say that someone, on the advice of a poster here, takes advice from someone and commits a felony that knowingly damages another person or their property.

Let us further assume that somehow the original post recommending this was found, and that the board was sued, and enough merit was found in the case that the Reader had to hire lawyers. Regardless of how the suit turned out:

We would all have to find a new playground because this one would be shut down fast.

I don’t know about you, but I’m willing to refrain from suggesting on this MB that someone damage another person’s property if it means I get to play in the SDMB sandbox.

And of course now someone will hunt and hunt until they find some post of mine that contradicts this. Happy reading, whoever you are. I have over 9K posts:D

I hear that that’s not all that happens.

now THAT is signature worthy :smiley:

Whenever someone says something to the effect of,“But other people do it!”, it is very tempting to respond with,“If little Bobby Jones down the street jumped off a cliff, would you jump offf a cliff too?”:rolleyes:

Did you miss the huge trainwreck that occurred last week due to the closing of the most recent MP3 thread? And the one that occurs almost every time an MP3 or drug thread gets shut down? I swear, they’re damned if they do…and then accused of not doing…

Yes, yes I would.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and yes, the mods suck. But you have to pay extra for that.

Ugh. I had forgotten about that funness.

[sub]Emphatically not blaming Dex. I blame bizarro laws made by the same folks who would legislate into every bedroom but their own, given the chance.[/sub]

If I had liquid in my mouth, it would be on the screen right now. :smiley:

I was just wondering, what kiind of whine goes best with crab?