In which RTFirefly pits self for being unfair to Weirddave

“Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, so long as you do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.”

– Lazarus Long

Oh fuck that, he’s pouring out his heart about newshole and you offer a masturbatory reference from Heinlein? Now you’re just being rude.

Think about what you’ve done, fellow.

I repent myself in dust and ashes! :frowning:

I’m not even sure what the at-heart issue was, though I’ve tried to puzzle it out - it’s been lost as overinflated egos crash together like asteroids.
Something about Lieberman, Clinton, Gore, Perot, Taft, Wilson and Teddy Roosevelt.

‘newshole’?

Wasn’t that in Transmetropolitan?

Funny, what you described as a acknowledgement and correction of a factual error struck me as WeirdDave being snide, condescending, and evasive.

Must be one of those tomato/tomahto things…

And because I’m so old and out of touch, can someone please define a “MAD” (presumably *not * Mutually Assured Destruction in this case) and/or a “newshole” for me?

Newshole = the area in a newspaper not occupied by ads. Editors fill this empty space with reporters’ articles.

As for MAD, ask punha. I would’ve thought Maryland, but I’m probably biased.

Mid-Atlantic Dper. Those of us who occupy the great wasteland between New England and the South. RTFirefly, Wierddave, iampunha, myself and many more are of this cheerful group. Well, usually cheerful.

Doper… :smack:

From context, I assumed MAD stood for Middle-Aged Doper, although the Mid-American or Mid-Atlantic ideas also crossed my mind.
OIK*

*[sub]Only Iampunha Knows[/sub]

oops! sorry for the extraneous capitalization of your username.

ahem

“MAD” to stand for Mid-Atlantic Doper was coined by moi for one of my parties.

Let’s not let Patrick get his head too big.

You sure she came up with it? I could’ve sworn it was your neologism.

Couldn’t you just have posted in that thread: “Hey Weirdave, I overreacted, and was wrong. Sorry, dude.” It’s nice that you aknowledge this, and mature on your part. But:

Self-Pittings are so lame.

And I woulda gotten away with it, too, if it wasn’t for you middle-aged dopers and your dog!

(Rhubarb, I’m 24, which is not quite yet to middleagedomhoodnesstion.)

Now, either you’ve been whooshed, or you’re whooshing me with a whoosh so good I’ve got no hair left on top of my head.

Either way, someone needs banning for it. :smiley:

Sweet!

D’oh!

Though with that dress (you know the one, Kim) I’d likely sign away my authorship rights.

Way too late for that, isn’t it?

Who the fuck is Kim?