In which RTFirefly pits self for being unfair to Weirddave

Thank God Weirddave stands up to you bullies. He says things the rest of us are all thinking, but are afraid to say.

I was wondering the same thing. I’m assuming it’s the OP, but i could be wrong.

IIRC, it does refer to the OP, but is connected to his RL name, which, apparently Weirdave has learned, perhaps from a dopefest. It’s not uncommon to know some one’s rl name, and in some cases some folks have no problem w/folks online using their rl name (Persephone aka Christi, was an example of this). however, it seems that RT would rather not have his RL name bandied about online (again, this is my take from a prior exchange on this subject, which I can’t for the life of me find).

anyhow, if so, that makes what Weirdave is doing here (intentionally using RL info about a poster knowing that the poster would rather not have that used, and if he learned it at a dopefest, that would make what he’s doing here a particularly assholely thing to do. If my memory serves as to the origin of the name used, if my assumptions are correct etc. and, of course, also in my humble opinion.

Well, that’s demonstrably not true. I don’t suppose I’m being whooshed here?

The guy who lives next door to Alice?

Alice? Who the fuck is Alice?

[Arlo Guthrie]
Remember Alice? The song’s about Alice!
[/Arlo]

I’m not gonna jump on anyone who missed the memo, but yeah, I prefer my RL name to be left in RL and private email.

Ponder Stibbons - the OP, as Weirddave noted, was facetious. Some of the responses have been in a similar vein.

JC - I’ve got a few years on you, and apparently my brain cells are dying off faster as a result; I don’t remember the dress in question. But I’d find moi sexy if she was wearing a gunnysack.

Wait, so are you mad at someone or not? I’m all confused.

And I sure missed that memo. You and I have used given names for five years now. Oofah, math-boy!

If you’ll recall, it was that witch outfit. That tight witch outfit.

Betcha you remember now, eh?

Only when she’s wearing a gunnysack?

It’s sad that a message board can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.

moi is not the name of his guitar, is it?

No, when she’s wearing only a gunnysack!

rayh - moi is/was a Doper. And, as Garth would say, a babia majora.

JC - there was a thread several months ago. I’ll drop you an email.

It was a lame attempt at humour. From Johnny B Goode - “He used to carry his guitar in a gunnysack.”

A guy one bunk away was like that with his name. One time on liberty he was all “don’t call me Tony, call me LASTNAME” and I was like “that guy just stole your car, ASSHOLE” and then we spent two hours talking to the Q-Town cops.

This situation is very odd, though. I can’t call you Kim? If not, why not? I mean, you’ve known me quite a while, I’m not here to fuck with you.

Try not to be disappointed.

Spill it, I’m all ears.

Even after reading the explanation, I am still confused. WTF? :confused:

It seems to me from from your suggestion in your first post that you took RTF’s OP as a sincere apology when it was actually dripping with sarcasm. The fact that you also suggested that RTF should “admit he made a mistake” made me wonder if you were kidding yourself since he hadn’t made a mistake and had nothing to apologize for.

Ergo, it seemed like you either misunderstood a facetious self-pitting as being sincere (in which case you were being whooshed) or you were whooshing back by pretending not to get it.

Aren’t you late for a Cocker-kicking appointment or fly-wing-pulling seminar or something? Seriously, this just enhances your image as a cruel fuck.

It does? What was cruel about that post?