Inappropriate wedding reception songs.

Motley Crue: You’re All I Need

Kanye West: Gold Digger

G’n’R: Used to Love Her

Pearl Jam: Better Man

The Smiths: Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now

YMCA

CeeLo Green - Fuck You

I suppose “Delilah” by Tom Jones would be pretty tacky.

Guns n Roses - November Rain
Nickelback - Something in Your Mouth
NOFX - Monosyllabic Girl

Theory of a Deadman - Bitch Came Back

Another Theory of a Deadman - Hate My Life

And one last Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend

This is a special kind of inappropriate, but at my stepbrother’s wedding, the song his mother picked for the mother-son dance was incubus’ “Steller”. You know, the one that goes “Meet me in outer space / … / It might be the only way / that I can show you how / it feels to be inside you.” cue the gagging from everyone who knows the song!

My Dick

He Stopped Loving Her Today may be the best country song of all time, but it is anything but lighthearted. I would say it is totally inappropriate even if everyone knows your sense of humor.

How about some Hank Williams instead? First Year Blues, Tonight We’re Setting the Woods On Fire, You’re Gonna Change Or I’m Gonna Leave, Move It On Over.

Jimmy Soul: Never Make a Pretty Woman Your Wife
Pinkard and Bowden: Mama She’s Lazy
Ray Charles: Night Time is the Right Time
Joe Tex: Show Me
Louis Armstrong: Makin’ Whoopee
Amazing Rhythm Aces: Who Will the Next Fool Be
Righteous Brothers: Try to Find Another Man

George Jones Burn Your Playhouse Down.

Billy Idol, “White Wedding” Key lines include “Hey little sister who’s the one you want? Hey little sister-shot gun!”

Social Distortion: Ball and Chain

Guns n Roses “Used to Love Her.”

And oddly, a lot of Motown songs aren’t appropriate for weddings. My wife and I wanted Motown songs at the cocktail mingle portion of our reception and we ended up having a heck of a time finding enough appropriate songs that people would actually know.

Johnny Cash, “Cocaine Blues”

Meatloaf -Paradise by the Dashboard Light

If the names happened to be correct, I don’t see how you couldn’t play Scotty Doesn’t Know.

Actually, the groom’s name is Scott.

I attended a wedding where they danced to Hearts and Bones by Paul Simon. Someone didn’t get it.

Heh, reminds me of someone I knew who had a group of friends, all of whom sang “I Will Survive” at each others’ weddings as a sort of tongue-in-cheek “we’ll always be there for you” sort of song.

(Everyone in the group, except one, is still happily married…)

I put this one on my first draft wedding CD that I presented to my wife. She wasn’t as amused as I was. Other songs that were on the list included:

“I Hate Myself for Loving You” Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
“50 Ways to Leave Your Lover” Paul Simon
“Shot Through the Heart” Bon Jovi