Indiana Jones 4 - it's really going to happen

I don’t know why everyone is so concerned about Harrison Ford. Ford officially rocks every movie he’s in, even managing to save that disaster “Air Force One” from being merely saccharine American jingoistic pap.

The problem here is George Lucas, who, while having created such marvels as Indiana Jones 1/2/3 and Star Wars 4/5/6, has clearly suffered a stroke in the awesome lobe of his brain. It’s sad he wasn’t hospitalized in his “Greedo shoots first” phase, as it has been left to progress to the level of Star Wars 1/2/3.

Frankly I’d say that he’s the major obstacle between the movie and landslide success.

So is he going to be fighting the commies now?

Nope, incontinence.

[QUOTE=Terrifel]
As it stands, I am cynical enough to entertain the suspicion that this time around Indy will be accompanied by a wisecracking, Dawson’s Creek-looking protege, upon whom Lucas et al. will attempt to graft an extended movie franchise.
[/QUOTE]

Haven’t they already done that? And isn’t the protege played by Angelina Jolie?

[QUOTE=bienville]
Indiana Jones, on the other hand, was probably born about 1890. He’s in his 40s in the 1930s, so a 65yr old Indiana Jones story would take place about 1955. In 1955, 65yr olds were not in great shape, in 1955, 65yr olds were old! Really old!!!
[/QUOTE]
That’s an overgeneralization. There were medieval knights who still actively fought in battles into their 70s. Assuming that Indy’s preternaturally good luck has held, he could still be in pretty good shape.

Terrifel:

I hope you’re just making a silly joke.

[QUOTE=DMark]

“Indiana Jones: I’ve Fallen But I Can Get Up!”

Indian Jones is sent to an ancient archaeological dig, in Sun City, Arizona, and meets up with a Nazi on a nuclear powered scooter who has the key to the Fountain Of Youth hidden in his colostomy bag. In a legendary 45 minute, 13 MPH chase through Scottsdale, .
[/QUOTE]

Now I know how the Chicago natives feel about the Blues Brothers chase scene, as Sun City is west of Phoenix, and Scottsdale is east of Phoenix.

And the Sun City Duffers use Golf Carts, not scooters.

Well, this does have one advantage over Rocky-unlike “Duh” Stallone, Harrison Ford is a good actor.

[QUOTE=Baldwin]
Terrifel: I hope you’re just making a silly joke.
[/QUOTE]
Actually I was aiming for “funny joke,” but at this point perhaps I should just cut my losses.

Obviously, “courtly love” is not really a euphemism for unrepentant sodomy. It is of course Courtney Love who is a euphemism for unrepentant sodomy. I apologize for any confusion in this matter.

Terrifel - I can back you up that even though at the time of Wilde’s imprisonment Britain wasn’t full of unrepentent sodomites, it is now.

Your definition of Courtney Love is also accurate.

[QUOTE=The Sonoran Lizard King]
Now I know how the Chicago natives feel about the Blues Brothers chase scene, as Sun City is west of Phoenix, and Scottsdale is east of Phoenix.

And the Sun City Duffers use Golf Carts, not scooters.
[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a 45 minute chase scene so they could reach Scottsdale if traffic is light…and scooters are sexy - you can ride them right up to the side of a pool - haven’t you seen the commercials?