indiana jones + lost arc subliminal drink

We could only wish, Adam.

[homer]
Oo. I don’t like this new director’s cut.
[/homer]

Actually, it’s not clear to me that it’s a time-lapse shot. It certainly doesn’t look like a stop-motion shot. It looks as if somebody constructed heads out of some meltable substance (wax, say), then melted them on-camera with an unseen heating element, or a heat gun, maybe deliberately undercranking the camera so that the action looks faster. I know for a fact that some amateur films performed the effect that way, because the filmmakers documented it in something I read.

If so, there’s no way a can of Pepsi could have “inadvertently” gotten in there.
If it is in there, it’s possible that it’s not in all releases of the VHS (and theree have been several). I’ll bet any money it’s not on the DVD, in any case. DVDs are famous/notorious for giving crisp freeze-frame images, and the studios make sure there’s nothing on them that they don’t want there. Disney fixed up scenes from Who Framed Roger Rabbit that possibly showed Jessica’s underwear (or even her nether regions). It’s a possibility on the VHS, but it’s not even there on the DVD.

Didn’t see the Pepsi in Raiders, but I did see something spliced in to the end of Fight Club :eek:

Nah, they CGI’d the sword into a mobile phone.

It’s been more years than I care to think about since I read the Starlog article which dealt with the FX for Raiders. They did make the heads out of wax and melt them with heatguns. I can’t say for certain if it was a time-lapse or if they did the undercranking as you mention.

I MELTING YOU DOG!!