inexpensive bras

I love cheap bras! It’s true that 34D can be tough to find, but I can make do with 36 in a pinch, and I just plan to be patient going through the racks. For a long time I’ve favored Hanes Her Way, but on my last shopping trip I found a brand that said on the label was meant for the more generously endowed woman, and there were actually some number of 34D’s available. And they were nice-looking, too. I bought one to try, and like it very much, and dang it I can’t remember the name of the brand to save my life, it doesn’t say on the tag–I just checked. But I got it at Target.

I shop online at www.justmysize.com. They have a good selection of bras from 36D to 44DD, with larger sizes for a few styles. The prices range from $12.99-$35.00 so more generously endowed women should be able to find something they like. One feature that I like is the straps being placed in the middle of the back, rather than on the sides of the back. This is called a “leotard back” and prevents the straps from falling off the shoulders.

I was just browsing though this thread and I wanted to say Congratulations toscreech-owl for that incredible 123 lb. weight loss!

I’ve been known to spend $60 or more on a bra (Wacoal). They fit good, last a long time and look nice too. I mostly purchase the cheaper ones from Mervyn’s, they fit good, last a decent amount of time and look nice too. :slight_smile:

I’ve been wearing 36As, and I really need to go up to a 38. I haven’t gone bra shopping in a while, but I suspect a 38A is going to be REALLY hard to find. Heck, I have a hard enough time finding As that don’t have padding and underwire…the last thing I need is underwire, and I had SURGERY to make my boobs smaller. I don’t WANT padding, dammit! But at least if I can find them, I can now wear eight dollar bras from Target. :slight_smile:

I remember all too clearly the pain of shopping for 36Ds; they were out there, but it was really hard to find ones that held me up properly.

Dreamer, how good are the Wacoals? I’ve been buying Avianas and they are very supportive and comfortable. I’m a bit further along in the alphabet so it’s difficult to find styles I like in my size–and underwires are usually a must :(. I generally prefer things that don’t resemble hub caps. If anyone knows of a good place to find F or G cup bras, let me know!

In my experience women’s breasts follow no discernable ruleset during their development. I’ve seen big women with tiny chests, tiny women with big chests, medium size women all over the range. Heck, I’ve seen women who had one larger than the other by a full cup size. No, seems to be no natural laws surrounding amount/proportion of boobage based on the person.

As for my friend’s case in particular? :shrug: Maybe there was something weird in the water when she was growing up. No idea. But yea, she’s never had augmentation if that’s what you were wondering. There are no extraordinary circumstances in her childhood that could have given rise to such a condition unless the link was very unusual. And yes, I know these types of things about her because she’s anything but shy :stuck_out_tongue: We’ve been good friends for about eight years now. They’re a big enough presence in her daily life that they’ve come up in conversation often enough for us to have chatted about their unusually out-of-proportion nature more than once. Usually the conversation starts because some dumb jerk at a resturant or somewhere spent the whole time they were doing business staring at her boobs and pissed her off. She knows guys are going to look, her usual beef is because they don’t do it more discreetly or have the testicular fortitude to admit what they’ve been doing when she says something like “My eyes are up here.” Since she’s only five feet tall it’s not uncommon for an average-height male to look down to talk to her and notice the cleavage. Far too often they just don’t look back up though.

Steven

Hey - I work with a gal that has one that’s sort of an A+ (Not quite a B) and the other one is a D! And you thought YOU had problems finding a bra to fit! Apparently she had dated a guy for a while, and then he confessed that he thought she had had ONE of her breasts augmented. (Where would you find a surgeon to do THAT?)

Anyhow - she has trouble.

I’m really lucky - 34 C’s are pretty easy to come buy. They just had a huge sale at La Senza where their bras that are usually about $40, were on sale for $8!! I bought 6 I think. :slight_smile:

lauramarlane, check out THIS page. They sell Wacoal’s though I’m not sure they have them in F or G’s, but they have other brands that do.

Dreamer, thanks for the link! That’s one site I hadn’t yet discovered. While the Wacoal’s aren’t available in my size, there’s plenty more there for me–and the prices are very reasonable, too, which makes a pleasant change. I’ve gotten used to spending between $30 and $40 for a bra if I want a really good one–I just try telling myself that I’m investing in a masterpiece of design and engineering and you just can’t get that for eight bucks.

I’ve had suprising luck at TJ Maxx, but this is mostly because I insist on matching underwear and they tend to sell cheap mix-and-match pieces. (Always buy two bottoms for one bra, because while wearing a bra twice is acceptable, wearing a thong twice is just…icky.) And I always hit the Vicki’s Secret semi-annual sale and spend a frightful amount of money. But I find their stuff to be reasonably comfortable and supportive enough.

Honey, if I made the decision to NOT wear a bra, not only would it be QUITE evident, but it would be physically uncomfortable to have them unsupported. I wish I was a petite person, but I’m tall and endowed, and if I HAVE to wear a bra, it damned well better be pretty. Feh.