Interesting article today on sweatpants trend or fad

I came across an interesting article today on sweatpants trend or fad.

I came across this interesting articles today of US cities where people like to wear most sweatpants. And shock ed some cities did not make the list.

Although it could also just be the thousands upon thousands of annoying college kids who love to moan, “I, like, can’t even believe I left the house like this,” because they’re wearing sweatpants and Ugg, as if that in itself isn’t a blatant fashion statement, but who knows. “It’s nebulous,” Michael Scott might say.

Here’s the top 20 in full:

Philadelphia, PA
Hartford, CT
Pittsburgh, PA
Lafayette, LA
Laredo, TX
Boston, MA
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
Victoria, TX
Scranton, PA
Salt Lake City, UT
Marquette, MI
Milwaukee, WI
Washington, DC
Austin, TX
Watertown, MA
Jacksonville, FL
Idaho Falls, ID
Providence, RI
Chicago, IL
Take that, New York!

https://www.americaninno.com/boston/most-comfortable-cities-who-wears-the-most-sweatpants/

Anyone here notice the west coast did not make the list other than Los Angeles.

The only reason Albuquerque isn’t in the list is that everyone’s in pajama pants.

Pretty much nobody wears sweatpants in Florida.

~Max

Did you really come across this “interesting article” today or six months ago when you posted the same thing on city-data.com?

I have to ask, do you check every post on the Dope to see whether it is an original? I am pretty sure that I have never asked anyone this before by the way.

Awesome username/post opener combo there.

And what about this planking thing everyone is doing and all those wedge sneakers everywhere?

I don’t know if I would use a 12-year-old article as a data point for any “trend or fad.”

You’re not fooling us. You wrote much the same thing in a letter to the editor of the Des Moines Register on June 28, 2003.

mmm

Something about what the OP wrote in an earlier post made me suspicious, so I Googled. They create the same threads on Reddit and city-data.com, under different names. And no, it’s not something I’ve made a habit of but the OP is not the first one to do this.

So the article is bit old after checking it today, I still don’t think it that off. Sure a new poll may be better but this older article I don’t think it is that off

Fwiw, I’ve sometimes posted essentially the same OP here and in other places. Usually i do that when I’m looking for advice, rather than general discussion. But if you hang out in multiple places you may have interests that overlap with the more than one of those places.

I’m willing to bet that “cities where people wear sweat pants” has major overlap with " cities where the weather is often cold".

But, I’m more curious about why you either (a) posted the exact same thing in another forum six months ago, or (b) reposted, verbatim, a post here, which was first written by someone else six months ago?

Yes some one here said this was posted here before this post.

There is this thread most places you have worn sweatpants but not base on that article I read from what I can tell.

I have not found new article being that this one is old and could be bit off now but looking at the article most of it seems to be in the north east part of the US.

My son, who is now in his late 40’s, has worn nothing but sweatpants since he was a teenager. Last time I saw him he was getting his chops busted by a cousin of his. She sent him an invitation to her wedding with “NO SWEATPANTS” in big red letters on the invite. Yep, that is what he wore to her wedding.

If this were a clearly transitory and prominent trend such as to provoke some immediate curiosity, I could see maybe posting it in several forums to get a range of perspective.

But the article itself was just a throw-away, local fluff piece, musing on Boston’s fashion reputation. The Experian Marketing Services study which ranked the cities like this isn’t even available anymore, and besides, it didn’t necessarily indicate which cities actually have more people wearing sweatpants in lieu of regular pants in public. It was just a listing of which cities buy more sweatpants. It could be that those cities just have more active or athletic people. So the data were kind of meaningless even 12 years ago.

Yeah–I don’t think I would even remember this article after six months, let alone care about it enough to post about it again. If you want to see stupid people announcing stupid trends, go to Tik Tok.

Isn’t that contrary to your user-name? :grinning:

He wore the invitation!?

To there is a better article or poll that the only data set to work with, nevertheless a lot of those cities are in colder areas.