Introducing Brian Bunnyhurt, Total Fucking Loon

SDMB Crackpot of the Week

In his thread Can we afford not to dismantle Israel, Mr. Bunnyhurt suggests that:

1. Rising oil prices and Arab enmity towards Israel require us[sup]1[/sup]to dismantle the state of Israel and move it somewhere else.

2. Israelis with means are fleeing Israel by the millions for Canada and the U.S. and this has gone largely unnoticed in this nation of 5.8 million people. His evidence is based on

1. The majority of Christians predict/want/are working for Armageddon. Moving “the Jews” is for their own protection to get them out of the way.

2. When presented with evidence that Israel is gaining immigrants faster than it is losing emigrants, Mr. Bunnyhurt asserts that this is only due to stricter immigration laws elsewhere

Furthermore,

1. That a possible solution is to

Okay, this is what I was able to glean, before everything got TRULY bizarre.

To which my only response is: What the fuck are you talking about? You want to round up an entire country and move them somewhere else. You claim that this is okay, because most of them would go somewhere else if they had the chance anyway. All of this is because of rising oil prices and fucking Pat Robertson?

Oh, and I forgot the best part - this would not be accomplished by force, it would be accomplished by economic incentives - namely we could use our economic aid to pay them to leave and “The Arabs could build apartments for them.”

You cannot provide one cite for the claims that you make about population, you respond to every question with greater and greater heights of lunacy. There have been plenty of Great Debates on Israel’s “right to exist”, but let me tell you something: You do not just “dismantle” a sovereign country because it’s in your way. Or Pat Robertson’s way. Or someone’s way.

[sub]1 I assume he means the U.S.A., but I cannot confirm that “us” does not mean the people from his very special planet

2 Sua Sponte, baby, this one’s for you. “Coloring for Crayons” should be a requirement for the human race, apparently.

Now, now, **Magdalene,**let’s not confuse “idiot” with “loon.” I mean, he’s no JDT.

OTOH, I’ve resisted replying to the twit’s thread because…well, all right. 'cause he’s a total fucking loon.

He still has a way to go before winning any awards, though. But he does serve a very useful purpose: reminding us why Uncle Cecil began his crusade in the first place.

blessedwolf, while he hasn’t had time yet to fully establish himself, he has definite JDT potential.

My favorite quote so far:

Ahh, the joys of blind fanaticism.

Sua

Oh, Blessedwolf? Sleeping with your clone might not “make” you gay, but it is definately homosexual incest. Just like having sex with your twin brother isn’t masturbation.

Just thought I’d randomly hijack this thread.

My analysis of Mr. Bunnyhurt? Recovering fundamentalist. Except he replaced the irrational and bizzare ideas his parents tried to force down his throat with his own even more irrational and bizzare ideas.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed that this guy is nuttier than an ocean-liner full of Snickers Bars.

I’m almost done with this marathon reply to him, and then you post this pit thread.

Now I feel foolish for spending the time refuting his arguements when I could have just as easily stuck my tongue out at him.
I’m going to post it anyway.
Good call on the thread BTW.

After reading more of his thread, I’m inclined to agree. Just as long as he doesn’t start responding to everything by posting links to http://www.yippee_armageddon.com

Well, Sua, in Bunnyhurt’s world, I think that’s possible! But only if Pat Robertson says so. Why don’t we plan to hang out, say, during Armageddon? I’m kinda swamped until then.

Lemur, I think your assessment might be correct. When the walls of fundamentalism came crashing down, they REALLY came crashing down. Just like Jericho.

And blessedwolf, I’m as disappointed as you are, but not all loons can be measured on the JDT scale. And yeah, I think technically it does mean you’re gay.

I bow in awe of you.
After reading your pit version of the thread one more time, I realize what a masterpiece it is. I was just too involved in the thread to see just how bad it had gotten.

I wonder if this blindness is what afflicted the JDT threads and kept them going for their marathon sessions.

Thank you for the dose of sanity.

I’ve been watching both this thread and the other, but this statement of Mr. Bunnyhurt’s nearly made me spit coffee all over my monitor:

Am I the only one to whom it sounded like nobody was allowed to use the restroom in Kuwait until the monarchy was returned? And then when it was, it was such a relief that… well, you know.

I’ll go back to my coffee now.

whod’a thunk it would’ve come through as a link? It isn’t.

Bah, who needs sanity?

Damn in magdalene. I’d spotted that thread when it started and thought to myself, “self, naaaaah. It’s gotta be one of those tinfoil folks caught up in the rapture or something.”. So I ignored it. And kept on ignoring it, happily. Happily I say!

Then, today, I open up the new threads and I see your name as the OP in the PIT??? Gadzooks. what, pray tell could possibly have called her down there? So I open up this thread, and dutifully open the other.

Now, you know my eyes are out of warrenty anyhow, and you made me open that thread!?!?!!!?!?!?!

Sheesh. I gotta go drop the eyeballs in soothing camamille tea now, thanks to you.

Since seeing the pit thread, I have been able to enjoy the GD thread so much more.

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes:

:slight_smile:

I guess when he finds this thread the real fun will begin.

Sua…

If you don’t stop talking about zealot christian disinformation plots, I’m afraid that BB might take you seriously and go off the deep end.
Who knows?:slight_smile:

I think that ship has already sailed.

• who was it who originally introduced the metaphor of “kicking a blind mime” ?

It’s not as if it isn’t fun, it sure has its moments, but you can’t help feeling that the thrill is cheapened just a little bit.

Seriously, mr. BB has just applied his highly personal kind of logic and forced me into admitting the existence of Israel. Reeling from this setback, I think I’m off to bed.

S. Norman

Coming right up, dearie! I’ll be dealing with ONLY concrete facts here, also.

1) Canadian Immigration Issues

http://www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uu7s/aufsatz3.htmp lists factors looked at when an immigrant (not a refugee) wants to enter Canada. Some factors include occupation, education, knowledge of french and english and arranged employment. Money and holdings figures nowhere.

Anecdotal evidence also: I live in Canada and my family has supported two immigrants from the Phillipines who worked for us for years. They were not millionaires, but are now Canadian citizens. Canada is also a very multicultural nation due to the pure VOLUME of immigrants living here.

**2) Israeli Migration **

3)Israel Being a Secular State

Is that enough or need I continue?

I keep finding gems:

And, referring to Spiny Norman’s comment that Armageddon must indeed be approaching soon if he and Freedom2 found themselves in complete agreement about something, Bunnyhurt asks Spiny:

Ooh, this one is easy! Obviously, Armageddon, the last battle, will take place starting at midnight on January 1 in the year 2000 in the Western Christian calendar, which is exactly 2000 years after the birth of Jesus Christ. Right? Right? Oh, wait, we already passed that date. Oh, wait, we must have miscounted, that whole “real millenium thing”. Therefore, I have it on good authority, that Armageddon will take place on midnight of January 1, 2001. What, we passed that already? Oh, then it is our duty as freaky Christians to bring about Armageddon. We should make sure to get the Jews out of the way first, which will hopefully have a beneficial effect on oil prices.

Not to speak for Norman, but I believe the answer to your question appears to be “Fucked if I know.”

I think the question on everyone’s mind, Brian Bunnyhurt, is when do YOU anticipate Armageddon? Do you know something we don’t know?

Some of the freaky people I know (like my former carpool partner) are very sure that events in the middle east are a sign that Armageddon is very close. Former carpool partner assured me that it will be in her lifetime as evidenced by the “fact” that the Temple is being rebuilt in Jerusalem. I thought a Mosque stands on the Temple site making rebuilding a tricky proposition to say the least, but what does an ignorant infidel like me know?