Introverts Masquerading as Extroverts: Your Experiences

Nice article. He’s wrong on everything I think, or serious about nothing. A citation:
Are introverts arrogant? Hardly. I suppose this common misconception has to do with our being more intelligent, more reflective, more independent, more level-headed, more refined, and more sensitive than extroverts.
:rolleyes:

Caring for your Introvert is a good article. Here is a user guide to one flavour of introvert: The Compleat Idiot’s Guide to the INTJ. :smiley:

I used to be an extrovert, but now I’m a painfully shy introvert. I’m not sure what happened, but I much preferred the old me. :frowning: Or maybe that was the ‘real me’ and I just didn’t know it. Masquerading indeed.

Like I intimated upthread, ff, my real me went into hiding for almost 20 years. Yours will come back out eventually. :cool:

I’m not sure what I am sometimes. I am extremely out-going, love talking to people, and am almost never shy. At the same time, being around people drains me. I enjoy the energy I get from socializing, but it’s a net loss. If I don’t get some private time, ideally an hour or two every day, I get cranky and/or tired. I used to be shy and socially-awkward when I was younger, and I gradually became my out-going chit-chatty self… Anyway, I’m not concerned as I’m quite happy with the way things are, but it makes the intro/extrovert question kinda tough to answer.

I hope you’re right, John. Like I said, I miss that side of me and it’s incredibly difficult to ever bring it out again these days. But I’ll be waiting. :wink: