iPhone sync question.

While syncing my iPhone in iTunes, I get a message window which states:
“iTunes could not sync information to iPhone because another sync client is already running”
It went ahead and finished updating files, and the window closed when I clicked the “x”.
If I tell iTunes to sync my iPhone again, the message window opens again.
Any ideas? I’m a dummy, so keep it as simple as possible please.
BTW; I did a restore on my phone, in iTunes, but the problem persists.
Thanks,
mangeorge

Windows or OS X?

Have you ever used a backup program called Mozy? If so, either completely uninstall it (if no longer using) and/or pull it from your startup items. Restart the computer and you likely won’t see this anymore.

Look at other sync processes (backups programs, other device software, etc) that may be running.

In Windows, it’s relatively easy to resolve if these things aren’t the issue.

Look for the Sync Services folder on your drive. Don’t recall off the top of my head, but I think it’s under C:\users(username)\app data\apple computer\roaming\ or something like that, but it varies according to the version of Windows you’re using. Rename the folder and restart the machine.

DO NOT do this on a Mac. Internally, the process to deal with that folder is called “Swarm of Bees” for a reason.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, then you have larger OS issues that you’d probably be noticing in other respects.

Feel free to PM me for more information/assistance.