Ipod Nano ? and general bitch.

It’ll work on the Cowon iAudio. You’ve got to plug one device into the other device’s USB Host port.

I’ve copied songs off a flash drive onto the iAudio with no computer present, portable hard drive with no computer present, etc. No messy iTunes or anything needed. When I want to add songs to the iAudio from the computer, I plug it in to the computer and copy/paste from Windows Explorer. I could, if I wanted, use playlists, but it’s not necessary at all.

Maybe I’m just Being Stupid again, but everybody’s experiences are now reading wildly contradictory to everybody else’s. It’s like getting egg nog recipes off the web: no two have anything to do with each other except for the basic ingredients (eggs, milk/cream, nutmeg; music, iPod, computer).

I’ll have to try again and add the all purpose magic ingredients, Cursing and Fuming. They usually bring results, eventually.

Click “File,” then choose “Add File to Library,” then select the mp3s you want.

There’s no reason to get all in a huff over using playlists. You don’t need them. Just add mp3’s to iTunes as per the above instructions and get your songs all in one big chunk.

Did you install the ipod software that came with it? That was the problem I had when I got my mini. I already had ITunes dowloaded so I thought all I had to do was plug the ipod in and I’d be good to go. I was wrong.

+Stick my mp3 player on one USB.
+Stick Bro’s mp3 player on another USB.
+Drag files from one to the other.
+Tadaaaaaaaa!

Yes you need a puter in the middle. But you still get to treat them like any other memory device… they’re memory devices that happen to include a radio and the ability to play music files.

I’m most definitely not buying an iPod anytime in the next ten years.

iNog.

What I really would want is just the ability to delete things on the ipod without having to go via the route of messing about with itunes and then synching. I usually forget to uncheck my podcasts and even though I specifically asked itunes (in some hidden sub-menu or other) never to synch podcasts, they usually make their way on the nano and are the dickens to get rid off again. Then again, maybe I am Just. Too. Bloody. Stupid. Argh!

That, and I hate making playlists. But I guess I’ll have to start if I want to reach old age with all my hair not pulled out of my head…

My boyfriend’s shuffle did the exact same thing when I first got it - I downloaded the actual iPod update software from apple.com and used IT’S restore function. Worked like a dream. Never let iTunes do anything that the iPod software can do. iTunes inherently sucks and will fuck it up.

~Tasha

Try this:

Put Nano back in the box.
Go to local retailer.
Exchange it for a Sandisk.
Enjoy.

…when everyday technology is several orders of magnitude more complicated than it now is, people with ADD and unspecified nonverbal cognitive disabilities, such as myself, will be considered useless to society and harvested for their vital organs.

Huh? I never go through Music->Songs. Maybe that’s because I don’t always listen to ‘songs’ (there’s previous threads which discuss that one). And I don’t know which you mean as the new generation, but my video ipod has no search function.

Or just select the folder that contains all the mp3s you want (assuming they’re all on one place). Or just drag-and-drop the mp3s onto iTunes.

Wkith any luck, you’ll be designing this stuff so that it doesn’t require hours of screwing around to figure out how to run it. This would be a much better use of your sweet, sweet brains.

Assuming that you have iTunes 7 installed, a few seconds after you plug the cable into the bottom on the Nano, iTunes should open. If it does not, open iTunes and then plug in the iPod.
On the left side of the screen under devices, you will see the iPod listed. Clicking on that will bring up the screens that control the iPod. On the summary tab it will tell you if you have the latest software in your iPod, and a button to restore the unit to default status. If iTunes did not automatically open, check the box next to “Open iTunes when this iPod is”.
Under the music tab, you can manage how you add music to the unit. If your iTunes library is smaller than the iPod’s capacity you can click snyc all songs and playlists. If your library is larger than the capacity of the unit, you click on selected play lists. If you have no playlists you will have to create some to get the music into your iPod.

Spare me your utopian visions. The futurs is gonna be all about the bottom line to a degree we can’t even imagine today.