Is Diamonds02 a troll?

Sears mail-order master’s degree is my bet. :slight_smile:

Nah, just stolen from somebody else’s wall.

No, that’s because *we *are funnier than a troop of monkeys with a tank of nitrous oxide. She may instigate the threads, but all the humour comes from us.

the flash light thread was the first I have read - do we say the poster is a she because “she” claims to be?

because “prank” sure says boy to me.

She has a long history of ridiculous threads - read them sometime if you’re bored and need some entertainment. Most of her early threads were about her struggles as a lesbian who keeps striking out on the lez-dating scene. As to whether that, or anything else that she’s said is true, who knows?

Her character is a lesbian.

She’s a she. Her profile on some lesbian dating site was once (don’t know if it still is) accessible by searching her email address.

You know what - I was just reminded of this after I posted about the veracity of her identity. She’s not that hard to dox if you’re curious: the OKCupid profile is inactive, but you can still read some stuff she posted on there that’s extremely similar to things posted on the Dope (especially a love for beer/alcohol, the lesbian thing, and asking why she gives off a vibe that puts people off). Also she lives in St. Louis, Missouri and is 30 years old and black. She uses that (fairly unique) handle on a few other sites as well, like Flickr, and… well I’ll stop here. But yeah, if she’s created a character there is a good deal of consistency in that character across several websites.

aha! a history here.

trolls can be sad.

Well knowing she is most likely real(I certainly don’t give enough of a shit to confirm).

Because she knows very well what she is doing and posting puts people off, but doesn’t know why exactly. But she finds it interesting and so continues posting, hoping to start a discussion.

There was a similar poster on a board I was on, their mix of some intentional provocation and cluelessness made them a favorite. They did have some amusing stories like driving around on a broken electric scooter looking for dumpster treasures while high on methadone(they had lied to get into a methadone clinic for free highs everyday and predictably became addicted) and getting into fights with other dumpster raiders. How could anyone have a problem with that?

:dubious: You can’t just “lie” to get into a methadone clinic and get “free highs”; they are much more regulated and controlled with access to the medicine and the dosages than that. (b.s. detector ping!)

I’m not saying she’s a troll, but I wouldn’t leave her alone with a billy goat I liked.

It depends on the clinic, some piss test you and some don’t apparently and take your word for it during intake interviews, there is a law that requires them to start you at a low dose though. Yes this issue was debated heavily at the time, personally I felt they were an addict in denial probably(yea I just want free drugs!)

What about a doctor’s prescription?

Uh huh, I think I know what you are referring to. You dopers never fail to amuse me. I went to bed an entertained woman.

My master’s degree…I went to an online university, so when I completed my studies, all I had to do was print my degree. :wink: You know, it like came as an attachment of an email. :smiley:

I’m almost tempted to re-activate my dating profile. I might actually get HONEST feedback, sense you all don’t give a damn. My friends and relatives are failing to do. Getting into the vaginas of the women from that site is harder than getting a camel through an eye of a needle. :wink:

Whoa nelly: a broken electric scooter? Coincidence, I ask?

:smiley:

Oh we gave our “honest feedback” long ago. In our collective opinion, you are at best a borderline sociopath, with some very odd ideas about humour and appropriate interpersonal behaviour, and we feel you would benefit from seeking professional counselling.

See, Diamonds02 has this idea that everyone here says disparaging things about her because we have some kind of grudge. Any critical comment, in her mind, is therefore disregarded because the comment doesn’t count if it comes from someone who spends so much time and effort disliking her and trying to be mean.

What will never get through her head is that there is nobody here who really cares about Diamonds02 in one way or another, except for like 30 seconds every couple of days when we read her posts. Nobody here goes to bed at night thinking about Diamonds02’s sociopathic ways… but she will never understand that nobody here really cares about her that much, other than the fact that trainwrecks like her are occasionally interesting to comment upon because of their profound denial.

To steal someone else’s phrase, Diamonds02’s approach to life is based upon the assumption that she is a piece of crap, around which the whole world revolves.

Well…I just shot the engineer’s window out of a moving train with a pellet gun from my attack position under a trestle bridge. It spider-webbed fantastically and I can tell you, the train people were PISSED!

So it was with much mirth and a hearty boner that I laughed and thought of diamonds02…and for a lot longer than 30 seconds, I can tell you.

I didn’t used to think so, but the last several threads have pushed me over to the “yeah, that’s a troll, alright” side.