Is Hillary Clinton being criminally investigated?

Wasn’t there also dispute about when the classified material on her server became classified? There was some talk I recall that it was declared classified at some later time, but not during the time it was on her server.

That’s exactly it. I don’t believe there has been a single email found that was classified at the time it was sent.

You mean definition of “unclassified server”? What exactly is the definition?

Anyone’s education on the rules and laws pertaining to U.S. Government classified material at the expense of my time, is over.

Whatever.

It doesn’t appear we have lost anything of value.

Yet you have gained a disturbing doubt about the ever-thinning ice queen Billary treads.

Lucky you! :stuck_out_tongue:

Moderator Note

Political jabs are not permitted in General Questions. No warning issued, but don’t do this again.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

What about insults? I would assume those are taboo as well. I am referring to your assessment of the veracity of my knowledge, of which you are clearly ignorant:

Moderator Instructions

If you wish to discuss moderation, start a thread in ATMB. Further discussion here may be subject to a warning.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Information is classified whether or not it is marked as such depending on its content. If it was as easy as just making sure not to share marked information, then there wouldn’t have been any training necessary.

This is not true at all.

I could type something up right now, that to the best of my knowledge, isn’t classified. However, someone could come along later and say - “Hey, according to this classification guide, what you typed is classified”

I did nothing wrong in that scenario.

Also, training on NOT to share marked information is ALWAYS necessary because people do it all the time.

That’s not “training”, that’s a rule, like “training” people not to assault employees.

Certain things are classified by their nature, such as conversations between diplomats and discussions of classified programs. Thus the training. We get similar training at our company. Don’t reveal trade secrets. Don’t discuss costumer information. We don’t mark things “confidential”, we learn to identify what is and isn’t. Now it wouldn’t surprise me if the highest levels of government are dumber than a small company, but I really do hope for better. It’s a pretty huge concern that Clinton is playing dumb on this issue, by defining only things marked classified as classified. My estimation of her IQ would drop about 50 points if I didn’t realize right away that she’s trying to deceive.

No, sorry, that IS training. Training so people know the rules. For instance, do you know the rules regarding mailing classified information using the USPS? No? Then you would need training on it. Do you know when you can transmit classified information in the clear? No? Then you need training on it.

And no, things are not just “Classified”. If you cannot provide a classification guide that says what is classified or not, then guess what? it’s NOT classified. There are very few people that can just point to something and say “Yep, that’s classified!” and those people are named in the Executive Order governing classified information. I don’t care what your small company does, because when you mark something “confidential”, unless you are working with the government, it is not the same “confidential” as the government would use, and doesn’t mean the same thing.

People do actually receive training on how to identify classified information. Lack of markings is not actually a defense. Some things are classified by their very nature.

No, things are NOT classified by their very nature. Something or someone has to SAY that it is classified, and that person or document has to be the authoritative source for that classification.

Also, if I have a document marked “Unclassified” and give it to someone, then the person who created the document is on the hook, not me. I’ve seen that happen many, many times. How many times have YOU seen that happen?

Have you worked for the government? Have you been trained on how to identify classified information, mark classified information, or handle classified information?

THere is a distinction between classified documents, which are marked, and classified information. Diplomatic conversations are automatically classified, as are names of intelligence sources and undercover agents.

Where do you get this information that they are automatically classified?

The Secretary of State asking the Prime Minister of India “What time is it over there?” is NOT automatically classified, get real.

I ask again: Have you worked for the government? Have you been trained on how to identify classified information, mark classified information, or handle classified information?

If you have, I’m sure you can link to training documents. They themselves should not be classified.

I’m with Munch here, ftg, any cites for the other 4?