Is It Actually Common for Women To Have Orgasms During Rape?

As far as whether it’s better to fake orgasm or not, or go along with the rapist willingly or not, I read a series of books a few years back by a guy who used to be an FBI profiler – can’t remember the guy’s name, but one of the book titles was “Mindhunter” – and I seem to recall that in it, he said that rapists fit multiple profiles. Some prefer their victims to fight back, and when they encounter a passive victim, it only makes them angrier. On the other hand, some rapists will become enraged if the victim DOES fight back. I’m not sure what lesson you can draw from this as far as what to do if you’re in the situation, except to try to avoid being in the situation in the first place, I guess.

Information from someone more informed on this topic would be welcome.

Do most women put up a fight during the entire rape or submit when they think it’s futile? And at the risk of seeming insensitive: Do they have full blown toe-curling orgasms where they actually moan and pull the guy in deeper or just some sort of involuntary spasm?

Watch the documentary, “Brandon Teena” (or the other way around…I forget) and see how utterly compassionless cops can be when it comes to rape. I swear, I’d have hauled off and…

I’ve seen and read enough on the subject to know that cops are not the most tactful animals on earth.

This Board hit a pathetic new low.

Train Wreck Syndrome: I read this entire thread, despite my better judgment, with an expression on my face akin to the one when I encounter a maggoty dead animal on the road.

The question in the OP alone is enough to make me physically sick and give me nightmares for weeks.

That may be so - but there was a good reason for asking it, having had a professor make such outlandish assertions and wanting some third-party opinions, feedback and evidence.

Yes, god forbid that someone come to the SDMB seeking to be educated about something; their questions might make some of us physically sick.

I believe the factual parts of the OP have been answered, particularly by neuroman and Triskadecamus**.

This is closed.

-xash
General Questions Moderator