Is it better to be born on Dec 30 or Jan 2nd?

Congratulations aaelghat! That will definitely be a birthdate worth having.

Derleth: *Besides, I highly doubt Jesus knew he was a Capricorn. He was a Jew living in the Middle East over 2000 years ago, for crying out loud. Horoscopes weren’t published back then. *

Well, they may not have been printed in the newspapers, but they did exist: Mesopotamian astronomers appear to have developed horoscopic astrology in the last few centuries BCE, and plenty of people in the Middle East during the early Roman Empire (most likely including some Jews) hired astrologers to determine the horoscope for the time of their baby’s birth. Probably not in a rinkydink little town like Bethlehem, though. :wink:

Both of them (I’m assuming that’s the big sister in the background) are absolutely adorable!

Congratulations!

aaelghat, speaking as one whose birthday is similar to your new son’s (January 7th), I can tell you it’s a pretty good deal.

In conversations, whenever someone refers to a movie that came out in a certain year, or a famous event in history, if I wonder “How old was I when that happened?” it’s easy: I just subtract my birthyear from the current year, and I’ll know what my age was 51/52nds of the time. For your new son it’ll be even easier.

Okay, so that doesn’t quite offset cold-weather birthday parties (June-born kids can have friends over for swimming), always being older than my classmates and, worst of all, those %#^*$ Christmas/birthday gifts (which I still get to this very day, 34 years on). But it’s something, anyway.

Please, please, please, aaelghat, promise me you’ll always get him a birthday present that’s just a birthday present, and that’s wrapped in non-Christmas wrapping paper. It matters.

Just checked the newspaper photo. He is such a cutie. I’m looking forward to late February, when my sister has her second…It won’t be in the papers, but my family will keep Kodak in business, once he makes an appearance.

Way too awesome!

Congradulations - and what an awesome birthday to have!

<Small Side Note>
Speaking of Xmas/Birthday presents, I was so excited when my daughter was born on June 25th, as far aways as it gets. No fear of combo presents there…
</Side Note>

Anyways, congrats again!

A thousand congratulations unto you and your family, Aaelghat !! My son is also a Zachary. When he arrived ( adopted at 6 Mo), I tossed him into the backpack, and paraded him about the neighborhood. The local bagel man was Moslem, and I told him my new son’s name. He smiled broadly, and said, " Ahh, Zachariah the Prophet!". Kid never paid for a bagel. :smiley:

A new young doper. How wonderful !!

Cartooniverse