I attend a large University.
I currently have 2 other roommates and none of them watch the TV in our room ever, neither did my old summer roommate and most of my previous rommates in the last couple years.
When I stayed at the school for my break, they put us in a lounge with about 10 students and students rarely even touched the TV. Most of my friends rarely watch TV and when they do want to watch something then they go on netflix, hulu or something (like me).
I rarely watch TV because the vast majority of TV is so ridiculous and low brow to me. - Those reality shows are really stupid now, especially those “wives” shows that showcase 35-55/yr old women acting like they’re 16.
- They ruined the history channel and turned it into the hillbilly channel.
- The travel channel is now almost exclusively about food.
- The news is the same depressing crap.
- The comedians on Comedy Central are now starting to get extra-racist
- Maury, Jerry Springer and those judge shows are the same ole crap…no switching up the judges will not make it more interesting
- Add a crapload of commercials inbetween all these programs and there ya have it!!
I can’t believe the day has come where few young adults watch TV anymore. I’m glad b/c when I was younger, I planned on spending the rest of my life glued to the TV.