Is linking to an SDMB thread on another message board considered board wars?

I’m active on a few message boards. I know we’re not supposed to link to other message boards on the SDMB. But, if I’m on another message board, is it considered bad form to provide a link to an SDMB thread? Obviously, we’re searchable via Google.

For example: I’m discussing baseball on another message board and there’s a debate if player X should be in the Hall of Fame. Can I link to an SDMB thread that makes a case against player X being in the Hall of Fame?

You can link to the SDMB from other sites. You can also link to other message boards from the SDMB. The “board wars” rule is specifically about starting a thread here and trying to convince Dopers to go over to another board en masse to start trouble. Basically, don’t use the SDMB as a resource to organize trolling of other websites.

If you want to go to other websites and talk up how great the SDMB is, we have zero problem with that. Hell, we encourage it.

I don’t think it’s against the rules to link to another board. Just don’t start any drama.
As far as linking to THIS board on other boards, well there’s this group called “Raffers” and they link to this board no less than a hundred times a day to make fun of us. So I think what you intend to do should be just fine.

Well, today it was three times, but it’s not even 6:00 pm here on the west coast so we still have time. :slight_smile: Seriously, there are other forums besides that one. Those were some of the people who got me through losing Mr. Helena last November. I would’ve been a much bigger mess without them.