Is pinching a baby's nipples sexually stimulating?

I was hanging out at my step-mother’s house last weekend with my step-sister and her newborn baby boy.

My step-sister had just finished changing her son’s diaper and had him lying naked (except for the new diaper) on the sofa.
She spent the next few minutes in the usual mother, child play, cooing at him, tickling him, blowing on his belly, etc. Along with this she would also give the occasional pinch or “tweak” to his nipples which would result in a giggle and smile from the baby. My step-mother walked in during this and immediately berated my step-sister. She told her that pinching her son’s nipples was sexually stimulating and that doing so would make the baby aroused.:confused:

I guess my question would be is there really anything wrong with this kind of touching? I would tend to think not. Baby boys naturally have errections and touch themselves all the time, even in utero. I find it hard to believe that pinching his nipples would make him sexually aroused. It’s not like she was touching or pinching his penis, which is what my step-mom seemed to be equating this to.

Opinions?

Just bumping my own post for the “at work” crowd to paruse.

After reading over my post I realize that my thread title may give some people the wrong idea of the thread’s content. I mean of course “Is pinching a baby’s nipples sexually stimulating (to the baby)” :smack:

Perhaps a Dr. or Pediatrician could give me their opinion.

I see no-one has responded to this thread, so I thought I’d give it a nudge.

I don’t have an answer to your question from a factual basis.

Is it possible that it gave the baby that kind of stimulation?

Sure, as far as I know.

Is there something wrong with that?

Eehhh…maybe…For sure, most people THINK so…I’m not sure their reasons are completely rational, however. I’ve not personally found sexual stimulation to be particularly traumatizing, so I don’t have the status quo objection to it.

MY take would be that if the baby enjoys the contact, and is positively stimulated by it, then the opinions of generic society should take a back seat to that.

Watch the flames begin…

The burden of proof is on your step mother. If she makes this statement again, feel free to yell “cite?” at her.

(I’m serious about this, although you may want to word it more diplomatically …)

Hmmmmm, I imust use this in a sequential thread thread.