Is the dopamine reuptake inhibitor wellbutrin being used to treat cocaine addiction

Are drugs like wellbutrin being used to treat cocaine addiction since both (cocaine and wellbutrin) are dopamine reuptake inhibitors? The drug Vanoxerine is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, and has been shown in some clinical trials to treat cocaine addiction, at least in rats and primates. Wellbutrin has also been used to treat smoking addiction, one study wellbutrin users were 3.5x more likely to quit smoking than placebo users.

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_2_1x_Study_Bupropion_Triples_Quit_Rate_for_Women_Smokers.asp

Since wellbutrin is so well known has it itself been used to treat cocaine addiction? I have searched pubmed and can’t find any articles. Would its mechanism allow it to treat cocaine or methamphetamine addiction, or do methamphetamine and cocaine have a stronger attraction to the dopamine reuptake pump and would just replace wellbutrin?

Although I don’t think Wellbutrin would stop cocaine’s effects, it could definitely help decrease the craving. As a staring point, you could check out this review article.

Searching Pubmed.com, I was able to find numerous articles like this one:
Addict Dis. 2002;21(2):1-16. Bupropion treatment for cocaine abuse and adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Levin FR, Evans SM, McDowell DM, Brooks DJ, Nunes E.
Department of Psychiatry, Columbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York 10032, USA.
here’s the abstract: