Is there a BANNED list?

The toll of idiots.

Please remember that any “List of Banned” would be totally uninteresting. Y’all seem to have this notion that it would be a who’s who of colorful characters of the past decade. In fact, somewhere around 85% of the entries on such list would be one-time spammers (“Want info about a free vacation? Go to my website for the best free vacations anywhere!”) and another 10% would be people who snuck back in under assumed names to avoid paying the $15 fee.

Basically, no one cares about these losers. Or no one should care. So, no lists.

While I agree with all the reasons already stated and completely understand the reasoning behind it, you’ve got to admit that we have had more than our share of spectacular flameouts - and a list of posters who spontaneously combusted would be a lot of fun to have. Well, for me anyway.

Now about this Tome of Misdeeds

Apparently Roger Thornhill just left us without a glorious flame out but with a whimper.

Jim

Was he kevegan? I noticed they were banned, but didn’t see what they’d done.

Is there any way that we peons can see what has been written in this holy document about us?

Good gad man, are you a fool?
When confronted, admit all and plead for mercy.

A glance in the Great Tome of Naughtiness™ can be a sobering experience. Skip checked on my tally for me once. One of the most embarassing moments on the Dope I’ve ever had. :smack:

Banned name!

What, mismanagement? That’s not really a secr…thud!

You’ll have to excuse me while I remove this red and blue poisoned dart from my neck…

I am not sure why, but your post conjured up a perfect image of this event and made me choke trying to suppress the laughter.

Jim {Yes, horrible mismanagement, but no one likes to face reality, a curse is much more fun}

:smiley:

Why is the Members List unavailable? I was going to start a thread of potential names, but I can’t check what’s taken.

Never has been. Probably “the benefits don’t outweigh the degraded server performance” or some variation.

Ah, here we are:

In April, TubaDiva said:

In January, UncleBeer said:

subsequently confirmed by TubaDiva.

In 2002, Chronos said:

TubaDiva did not post to that thread.

In 2001, TubaDiva said:

Kind of ironic, that.

Those are the only threads in ATMB which surface for a search on “Members list” in the title of the thread.

Looks pretty consistent to me. The Members List is not made available because of board performance and reasons of privacy. I’m not sure where you’re getting irony out of that.

The irony comment is unrelated to the issue at hand, just a comment on the last post I quoted.

Yeah, pretty much what I suspected. In the future you’ll keep in mind that this is ATMB and not the Pit. Should you want to take swipes at any poster here, regardless of his/her level of membership, you will confine those comments to the Pit or simply refrain from posting them. ATMB is for discussion of technical questions and concerns about the SDMB, not for whatever needling you feel is necessary.

As it is, the question asked in the OP has been answered. This thread is closed.