Is there a name for this drink I just invented?

So, I follow Monkey Shoulder on facebook. It’s an inexpensive blended Speyside scotch, and it’s delicious. (No peat to it, I have other scotches for when I want peat or for sippin’, but this is nice for non-scotch-geek guests and for mixin’.) I’m also a geek for sherry, although I don’t know as much about it.

They recently posted a recipe for a sherry old fashioned consisting of Monkey Shoulder, a Pedro Ximenez Maestro sherry, simple syrup, and bitters. I only had a super sweet PX on hand (a Venerable 30 year old) but otherwise made the drink yesterday. It was good, but too sweet. Today, I made a variant that I’m pleased with:

1 3/4 oz Monkey Shoulder
1/2 oz Pedro Ximenez Venerable (a syrupy, dark, sweet sherry)
1/2 oz Dry Sack Medium sherry (dry, lighter in color and consistency)
Dash orange bitters and Angostura bitters

Stir with ice, strain into an old fashioned glass with a cherry and an orange peel; post on Dope.

I know this started as an old fashioned variant, but is there a better name for this? Say, if I wanted to order it in a bar?

Thanks!

Sounds like what you’ve got there is still an old fashioned variant, with a custom sweetener (namely, the sherry) instead of the syrup. This article on old fashioneds describes doing exactly the same thing, even down to the use of PX sherry:

Ha! Thanks. Simpler than I expected.