Is this a new fashion thing?

I’m mean, the wearing of a t shirt where it’s all untucked except for the very front. I’m only ever seen it on the tube and online, never yet in the wild. The “Jan” from Toyota sports the look in a recent commercial wherein she burns a smore, the perfect way to sell cars. Is there any way to adopt this look without looking stupid?

No.

Then again, I’m an old lady and a whole lot of new fashion trends are dumb to me. Like too big jeans that hang off your ass and too tight jeans that look like you can’t breath and your balls are about to ascend back into your body.

To me it looks like you forgot to finish tucking in your t-shirt. Which is especially super dumb because why the hell are you tucking in your t-shirt?

There was once a time, at least around here, where tucking of t shirts was the norm. Some still insist. I never did it- it felt restrictive.

Because my belted pants waistband’s more comfortable with something under it; and I haven’t routinely worn undershirts since the 1950’s.

But I am certainly not the person to ask either what’s in fashion, or why it’s in fashion.

Lots of examples on Google Images. I don’t notice any stupidness when the wearer is gorgeous. Otherwise…

It’s called a “French Tuck”. Don’t know why, or why it’s a thing, but it has a name.

That sounds like something you’d hear in the dressing room of a drag show.

It’s a good way to show off your giant cowboy belt buckle.

“Coined by Queer Eyes Tan France, the “french tuck” is a styling technique that involves tucking the front of an oversized, billowy, or looser top into a higher rise bottom and letting the back of the top be untucked. When done properly, this provides an easy french style sensibility and a casual air to your outfit.”

“french style sensibility” :roll_eyes:

More French tucking from Tan France: Every French Tuck in Queer Eye | Netflix - YouTube

I think those crazy kids are up to something again.

We need to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control, like Rock and Roll.

All that it needs is a bit of the tucked shirt sticking out of the fly. Voilà a new trend is born.

I used to do it until now.Now that I know it has a name, and is a thing, no fucking way. F U fashion rules!!

It’s a trend with the younger girls around here.
I was told by my in house fashion guru(the Lil 'Wrekker) that there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it.

I quit listening after that.

It’s kinda like a T-shirt version of a mullet haircut.

[Googles for images] Looks as dumb as a backward baseball cap.

Heh. If I saw someone dressed like that I’d assume it was unintentional.

Spotted this in the wild today. I guess it’s going mainstream, because the woman I saw sporting this was probably about 60 or older.

In my High School there was this one guy who always wore collared button shirts, with one side of the front tucked into his pants and the other hanging out. It must have been a look he cultivated, because he always wore his shirts that way. That, plus his general demeanor, made him seem slightly deranged. Maybe that’s the impression he was going for, in order to ward off bullies or something.

Many years later I saw kool kids on TV shows wearing their shirts the same way, so maybe that guy was just ahead of his time fashion-wise.

Younger people have always wanted to differentiate themselves from other generations, as one tribe does from another.

So no reason to get excited about whatever silly forms this takes. I won’t be doing this, maybe those who do think it makes them look skinnier or part of the clique.