Is this a photo of a real human head? WARNING: GRAPHIC, NSFW, etc.!

What do you mean? That’s exactly why the article says he was arrested. So I don’t see your point.

Cartooniverse - Here’s another link to the story.

Frequently, things are not what they seem. Look at this picture (may be upsetting, so I have broken the link):

http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/052606/11927_512.jpg

For the less sensational explanation, read the whole story:

http://peninsulaclarion.com/stories/052606/news_0526new002.shtml

Takes me to a signup page for the newspaper.

The cops got duped too… ? It can happen, in the heat of the moment. If the piece is a prop, it’s not illegal to transport.

Uncommon Sense is right. The thing is a fake. Human blood dries to the same color tone. Would it dry faster thinly spread on the face, opposed to an area saturated like the torn-apart neck area? Sure. But c’mon, this “head” has been in a guy’s BAG?

It’s a latex prop. People see what they want to see.

I got the feeling that the picture used the the news story was the fake, as opposed to the actual head from the story.

The news needed a graphic, so they staged it.

It that right?

Yeah, the story is real, the picture is of a fake.

If you just cut and paste this;

**http://peninsulaclarion.com/images/052606/11927_512.jpg

it’ll take you to the photo.
And to all; yes the photo is a fake photo used to illustrate a real story. The guy was carrying a real head. The photo in my link was of a fake head that someone at MOPO.CA used for their story.

Someone a few posts up linked to the exact head for sale on a website.

The exact photo even.

Looking at the rest of the stories on that site, they frequently have an entry that mentions an article, then a photo which is tangentially related to the article while not actually claiming to be a photo from the story itself. It seems like this is the case with this story. They wanted a graphic for their “guy caught with severed head” story, so they googled up a graphic of a severed head, not caring if it is real or fake. It’s just for effect. We have no reason to believe that the guy who was arrested didn’t have a real severed head, nor any reason to believe that the linked web site is claiming to have an actual picture of the head found in the luggage.

Here [NSFW]is a perfect example. It’s a story about an officer strip-searching a prostitute, and the accompanying photo is of a group of naked women lined up against a wall as if they’re going to be frisked. It obviously has nothing to do with the story.

The exact photo, you say?

The exact photo. Follow my link above. It’s the third image down.

That’s as maybe. But I recently picked up a photography book called Anonymous and was confronted with 2 shots of a grisly car accident on a rural road sometime in the 1930s. The car was totaled and lying on its right side, the driver crumpled beside it – his head lopped off by some unknown force – and rather neatly, I must say.

Stranger yet, said head was some 20 feet in front of the car –resting neatly upright in the road. A medium closeup of just the head was also taken: it looked as if the poor bastard had simply been buried up to his neck in the dirt.