Is this the northernmost house in the lower 48 US states?

I’m trying to figure out how to drive to that house.

It looks like you can only drive there from Canada.

Would the following be the way to drive there?

Starting in Canada,

1. From Route 308, take Provincial Rd. 525 east toward the Canada/U.S. border (49.259613, -95.279040).

2. When you get to the border (49.288146, -95.153394), head north along the border.

That’ll change once we annex the Turks & Caicos.

Not sure that would work; closer looks via google satellite maps show some problematic rock outcroppings and stream crossings along the border north of Rt. 525.

They now have a couple of private Canadian hospitals and are moving forward with medical tourism. http://www.imtj.com/news/turks-and-caicos-caribbean-island-takes-next-step-developing-medical-tourism/

Fun fact about Alert-it is so far north that it can never see geo-synchronous satellites. It receives it’s satellite communications via a > 100 mile microwave link to a satellite ground station further south. You know it is north of everywhere when you can’t even see the equator 22000 miles up! :slight_smile:

Pene-exclave. A very romantic verb.

No kidding.

I keep a Dodge shortbed with a plow chained up on all four with a 10,000 lb winch on the back here in the Colorado Rockies. The FIRST rule, is to not become a victim too. That goes for all search and rescue.

While there’s no street view, there are a couple interesting “Photo Sphere” photos at that location. One shows a bunch of shotgun shells littered on the ground. Clay pigeon shooting at the northernmost structure in the US? The other shows two people sitting on the quad. One is a young-ish woman.

So this got me thinking… what the northernmost road with Google Street View, for both the U.S. and the world? In other words, what’s the farthest north a Google Street View vehicle has been?

My best guess is that the most northerly road on streetsview is the one north of Piramiden on Spitsbergen, shot from a snowmobile 78.659626, 16.291330 , and for photosphere the most northerly sphere photo is a bit north of there in the Greenland Sea 79.873024, 11.577757 shot from a dingy.

For the USA, possibly the most northerly road on streetsview might be the security hut at 17 Spine Road, Prudhoe Bay, Alaaska 70.242808, -148.392149 , and for photosphere in the USA the most northerly sphere photo might be the end of Stevenson Street on Point Barrow, Alaska 71.386762, -156.470786 shot from a quad.