It has become most disturbingly obvious that I need a date...

Darlin’, that’s what I’ve got my right hand and all three “Lukas’ Story” videoes. (Yes, it’s true - the Gay Guy is right-handed! :eek: ) What I’d like is just a nice date - romantic companionship for the evening (that would, perhaps, end in sex, if I were lucky).

It also doesn’t help that I’ve been stood up like three times over the past couple of months. :frowning:

Esprix

(Besides, I don’t use that silly video stuff - I actually meet them in person. My motto when you meet someone from AOL? “Get in, get off, get out!” :smiley: )

For the record, Scylla is right about the folding thing.

[sub]I am so pathetic.[/sub]

Slight update - I have a date. With an ex. That broke my heart. That I don’t think I want to get back involved with. And I think he does.

:frowning:

Esprix

Break the date, kid. Life’s too short to go on dates you describe with a frownie BEFORE they happen.

Sorry UncleBeer I just realized I ruined your joke. Can you ever forgive me?

You too yojimboguy.

Usually the straight foraward honest approach is best. Have you even tried simply asking the gel filled wrist rest if it wants to go out? What’s the worst that could happen?

But you’re so pretty Esprix. You’re blond, thin (well not fat… well not really fat) handsome (in an amusing, asymmetrical way) and you’re a killer conversationalist and party maker. You should have the boyz lined up like paratroopers ready to jump. Why can’t you make the connection? Why Esprix, why?

Standards too high? … mmmm probably not.

Bad grooming habits? Impossible!!

Gets bored easily? Changes boyfriends like socks?..hmmmm maybe.

No brainer; I’d much prefer a shootout “with the guy in the mirror” (a game I play by myself in the bathroom) than devote a minutes time to AOL. All I was suggesting was netmeeting adds a little spice, variety and 2-way fun when Mary and the 5 daughters get a little stale.

:sends Esprix a sympathy date:

Here ya go, don’t say I didn’t offer. :smiley:

(Yes I know I am neither gay nor male but its the thought that counts)
Hey what’s this package doing here marked “return to sender”…

Please don’t shoot me for the slight hijack here but I recently had a conversation with my fiancee about the wrist rest thing. It feels a lot like a boob to me. She caught me sort of fondling it while using her computer. She thinks I’m crazy anyway, so what the hell.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but if you’re sitting in front of your computer, the best date you can hope for is a gel wrist rest. If you leave the house, at least there is some chance of meeting someone. It might be one in a million, but it’s better than the zero odds you’re facing at home.

I’m not so sure about that. This board alone has resulted in several marriages and countless dates, then there are the chat rooms Esprix mentioned. Sitting in front of a computer seems to work better than you might think.

Actually I was talking about my wrist rest at work, and since I work in an office where I am, indeed, the only male in our part of the office, t’ain’t gonna happen.

I did suck face with a muscular Chinese surfer boy I met tonight. We’re having dinner next week - hopefully.

Esprix