It hurts *so* good!

It hurts to sit down. It hurts to stand up. Walking down the stairs? Total agony. Walking up the stairs? Painful. Walking in general? Ouch.

Yep, I’ve started running again. I gotta tell you, I’m darned proud of me, too.

Sunday night, I initially left the house to go for a brisk walk. Well, the runner in me would not hear of that! About two minutes into walking, I started running. It felt so right. Three and half minutes into running, however, I was questioning my sanity! I stopped running and walked. For the next twenty minutes I did 90 seconds of running, 90 seconds of walking.

When I got home, I was beat. Mr. Tech had to help me out of my running shirt and sports brassiere. He’s such a peach. :slight_smile:

Anyhoo. I ran again yesterday (in the rain, mind you). I added another minute to my initial running time. I ran for four and a half minutes with out stopping. I then switched to the 90 seconds on/90 seconds off routine. I went further, though, as I was out for about forty minutes this time.

I plan to sign up for a 5K in September as I’m sure I’ll be up to at least four miles per run at that time.

When I first started running I started at the beginning of October and ran (without stopping to walk) a 5K on December 9th. I think it took so long because I was learning how to run. As a new runner, I started off running heel-toe-heel-toe. I now know better.

I’m so excited!!! I can’t wait to run another 5K.

[sub]ouch[/sub]

I started jogging on saturday. Went again on monday. Since it’s wednesday, I should be going today. Hopefully I can motivate myself to do so…

Hmmm, going from walking to running right away? I tried that, but it wasn’t good for me: My lungs were burning and I had no desire to continue. Now, with relatively slow jogging, I seem to manage the training, without having that unpleasent sensation in my lungs.