It's 2016. This isn't a zombie thread. Would you attend a toga party?

I went to a toga party just the other day, in 1979. No different than any other party at that time except people wore togas. Everybody I recall just wrapped a sheet around their regular clothes.

If it was a party I’d otherwise go to, I’d definitely go in a toga.

Noo! The whole point of a toga party is to make your own toga. Showing up in an actual toga costume is the dweebiest move. Those costumes are OK for a fancy costume party where you decide to go as Caligula, but for a toga party, a sheet or fabric is the way to go. And don’t forget the chaplet of maple leaves.

Refresh my memory: when did the Romans conquer Vermont?

Well, I guess I’m going to attend. I’m not buying a full-blown costume or anything though, just a sheet and whatever else strikes my fancy at The Bargain Shop. And I like the maple leaf idea! Thanks.

This is a party I would have attended if it was just a normal party.

There will be LOTS of drinking, me included ;), but I think it’s a pretty responsible group. On the other hand, he does have a 19 year old son, so we’ll see what other group of people shows up.

(19 being the legal drinking age here.)

He’s Canadian! And a Maple Leafs fan!

Ignore him,get this one https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/86/1a/1e/861a1ec961cea3040f4ee5797516fa05.jpg

The ladies will like it. :stuck_out_tongue:
I absolutely love theme parties, and costumes help me feel less anxious around a big group of strangers.

Get one of these in case it gets boring. But not the horse head, unless you can get like 15 of them and get some friends to all do a line dance in them . . .

That lemur on the top right would be killer.

It’s a tough call. I don’t have any objection to toga parties, per se, but I would spend the whole night criticizing everyone for their historically inaccurate bedsheets. Probably ought to give it a miss, if only for the sake of the other guests.

This may sound dumb, but I will post pictures if only I knew how!

Does one create an anonymous Flicker account for one set of pictures only? I have a Picassa account, but I’m not even sure how that synchronization works, plus there are lots of other personal pictures available there.

I like imgur for posting pics. They strip out metadata, the urls are random and you can keep a special link that allows you to delete the pic after a while. And you can literally just drag the photo from the folder on your computer to the website page to upload.

Does this show me with two dogs?

Fuck that was painful.

It does; however, I always thought you were a guy, not an obese black woman.

Didja panic for a second? :stuck_out_tongue:

FYI, I’ve marked this thread to come back to and revive in five years so that it will be a zombie thread even though it says it isn’t.

I do F&I re-enactments, assorted zombie events, and often ride around in Amish attire on a motorcycle painted like a giant cow. Toga? No problem - count me in!

As with any party, you avoid looking like a complete dweeb by complying with the theme of the party verbatim, which in this particular context means showing up wearing one toga and zero fucks. Have a great time, and make damn sure you tell us about how much fun you had later.:cool:

only if it was with Bluto and the boys from the frat heh anything else would be a church social …

Great point. Marion Wormer, either respond to this thread within the next hour or we’ll petition the mods to change your username to Kent Dorfman.

You’ll never end up on double secret probation with that attitude!:cool:

Those are two cute dogs, and you’ll look great in a toga.
As for me, sure I’d go to a toga party.

Then what’s the point?

I’m 43 and I’m up for the idea of wrapping myself in a bed sheet and pouring grain alcohol all over my head.

Leaffan, how was the party? Pics or it didn’t happen. Did you wear a wreath of maple leaves?