It's a girl!

After our epic fail of an ultrasound on 9/11, we decided to go do a gender scan at one of those 3D/4D ultrasound places. The baby was still lying on her stomach, still breech, and still had her legs pulled up to her chest. Ouch. The ultrasound tech ended up having me turn on my side and somehow got a few good shots from underneath her little bum! She even turned on the 3D ultrasound for a few (we only paid for 2D, so she’s not supposed to do that) and let us see her face for a few. I think she looks like her daddy.

So it’s official–Josephine Violet is coming in January!

Wonderful! I love the name.
Wishing you a swift and uneventful remainder of your pregnancy. (Sleep! Sleep now while you can!)

Yay for baby girls! And yay for the Drainybaby!

Hope you have a good camera, because you’ll be taking lots of video and pictures in the next year. heh.

Congrats on the lil girl!!! I’ve always been curious about those 3d/4d ultrasounds. We find out what we’re having in a few weeks, hopefully it cooperates :slight_smile: Ours is due in Feb.

Yay! Congratulations!

We have a 3D ultrasound booked for similar reasons. (Our ultrasound clinic has a “don’t tell” policy w/r/t gender because of a perception that a significant percentage of people may choose to terminate if the fetus is female. :mad: ) From my own observation I’m 99% ours is a girl, too - but it’d be nice to be able to buy non-gender-neutral items with a degree of confidence.

Some friends of ours had one a couple months ago - they’re spooky!

Of course, I can’t wait to play with the 4D scan and post it to b3ta. Money well spent.

The place we’ve booked ours has a pretty amazing gallery online.

Grats, Drain Bead!

But I just have to ask… are you a fan of Series of Unfortunate Events?

Congratulations! I just hope she doesn’t, y’know, knock anything over coming out like that.

Congratulations!! I didn’t realize you were pregnant.

Yay! I love the name Josephine–my hypothetical daughter is Maya Josephine.

Best wishes to you and Dad!

Nope. Which one came from that, Josephine or Violet (or both)?

Did I work in M&A too long that I immediately noticed that the kid’s initials are J.V.? If ever there was a joint venture…

Oh, and congratulations by the way. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but you get used to them pretty quick.

Wonderful! How exciting :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

I like the choice of name. Will you let people shorten Josephine or insist on the full name?

Congratulations on the new DrainyBaby, Josephine. May you have an uneventful pregnancy and a safe, quick delivery.

How wonderful for your family! My youngest granddaughter is a Josephine as well; we all call her Jo or Joey.

Keep us apprised, eh?

Love, Phil

Yay!!! :smiley:

I didn’t know you were expecting. Congrats. :slight_smile:

Do you get two votes now?

FIrstly, Congrats!

Next, after two children one habit that I’ve notice from the Ultrasound techs. They always take tons of pictures of your kids crotch for some reason. Really after the first time and we’ve identified the correct parts, I don’t need 3 or 4 more print outs of my kids coochie. :dubious:

Of course we had ultrasounds much more often than most people, so that may be why it seemed to happen so often.

Both. Violet is the older girl, and Josephine is one of their slightly crazy but lovable relatives. I love traditional names, but this particular pairing stood out.