It's incredible how cheap a brand name watch batteries are on Amazon vs retail store prices

I mostly change my own watch batteries, but it’s done infrequently enough that I’ve never had the need to have a cache of batteries so I go to the Radio Shack, Walmart or a drug store and pay 4 to 5 a battery. Lately a bunch of quartz watches in my family have exhausted their batteries so I checked online with Amazon and Battery Bob to get multiples. The prices at Battery Bob are good but on Amazon they are amazing. I can get 5 to 10 brand new brand name (Maxell, Energizer etc.) watch batteries shipped and delivered to my door for the price of 1 at Radio Shack.

I knew watch batteries had good gross profit, but I never imagined it was that much.

It’s mostly because it’s not worth stocking something that’s replaced as infrequently as a watch battery and selling it so cheaply.

I recently replaced the battery in my car key fob. On Amazon, I could choose between buying 1 for $1.99, 5 for $2.38, or 25 for $2.51.

Different sellers. But, seriously, I can get an additional 20 for an extra $0.13? I ended up buying 5, because I couldn’t imagine a case in which I would ever need more than 5 key fob batteries, and the others would just go to waste. Odds are I’ll lose the other 4 or sell the car before I need them too, but oh well.

I just went through this with HDMI cables. I needed a mini-HDMI for my camcorder. $25 at Walmart, $6 at Amazon.

HDMI cables are the biggest scam ever. But I guess when you’re spending a thousand bucks on a TV, a $50 cable doesn’t seem like that much.

Just for the sake of not throwing them out, I’d probably mention to family (and coworkers) that I have them. There’s a good chance my next car would have the same battery, but like you, I’d probably lose them as well. Besides, for 13¢, I’d rather give them to a family/coworker then have them spend $4.00 at Walgreens.

The best deal I ever got on HDMI cables was through Amazon: twenty-five cents each. I bought six.

I got a new smart phone that charges through a usb port. The phone came with one cable (USB to microUSB) but I wanted an extra. Couldn’t find one for less than $20 at BestBuy or Verizon. Found em on Amazon for $1.50 ea. so I bought two.

That might have been a special case. For all-around best deals in cables and adapters, I recommend monoprice.com.

standard input for most computer systems now is DVI, but support for HDMI has become more common, since VGA To HDMI Converter offers the best quality picture obtainable. For this reason, lots of computer owners require to take advantage of the HDMI input & utilize VGA to HDMI converters to get this job completed.

==>VGA To HDMI Converter

My friends and coworkers already jibe me for being cheap. The last thing I need is to go around crowing about this great deal I got on something that only costs a few bucks to begin with. Oh, and do you want some? I have too many. :smiley:

If there were like 1 size of watch battery, I might do this. But with all the different sizes, the odds that someone else needs this one (and needs it when I ask. Otherwise, I’ll just give them the battery and they’ll lose it before they need it) are low enough that it’s not really worth wasting the time of everyone involved.