It's May 25th, do you know where your towel is?

Ten years ago the first towel day was celebrated in honor of the late lamented Douglas Adams who died far too soon.

Is anyone celebrating, memorializing, etc?

I plan on setting out towels instead of napkins at dinner tonight. Just to see if anyone asks me why. :smiley:

I appreciate Towel Day, but I’m more likely to remember The Glorious People’s Republic of Treacle Mine Road on May 25th.

Ten years and two weeks ago, Douglas Adams passed from the Earth. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. But today is not the day to mourn his death. Today is Towel Day, a day we celebrate his life!

Unfortunately, I’m still in the process of moving my library from home, so I don’t have my Hitchhiker anthology, but I do believe I have my Dirk Gently books in a box somewhere. So, how will you celebrate the man?

In his honor, I have taken time to meditate on the precise location of all of my towels (subject to Heisenberg limitations, of course). Also, I suspect that I will end the day by raising a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster, or an unreasonable facsimile thereof, in a toast.

I don’t know how I missed that. I’ll ask a mod to merge.

Are they really the same day?

You got it.

Towel Day and the Glorious 25th? Yep. Also, Star Wars Day. It’s like geek Christmas, except no one’s giving me any presents.

It’s Towel Day? I did not sass that. I will have to mix some ginnan tonix in celebration. I once drank 42 of them in researching the question of life, the universe and everything.

I not only know where my towel is [hanging on the back of my desk chair] I also have a sprig of lilac in a vase on my desk.

Nah, despite it coming out on the 25th, Star Wars Day is May the 4th.

I know where my towel is (in my linen closet, of course!) I am a hoopy frood.

Ew, ginnan tonix? I much prefer jinnyan tonicks. :wink:

I can grok it.

In case there is confusion, back before the threads were merged, the above comments came in the order you see them here.

Thanks. I must make a calendar note for next year.