It's Pouring Rain in the MMP

:guffaw:

Boo

Another day, another dollar. Did as little as I could get away with. I got our family scratch and dent dr to prescribe the generic equivalent of Marinol (a Mary Jane product ) as an appetite enhancer. Last night after first dose he ate half a quart of neighbors turkey veggie soup and a whole peanut butter and jelly Sammy. I did not and will not tell him what it is because then he will refuse to take it. He had three meals today but nothing to write home about so maybe the stuff needs to accumulate in the system. Nurse said the vancomycin is making him less hungry but that should be done in another day or so.

I poked and poured a few bags of the antibiotics down the toilet but did not feel good about it so I will load it into a box and take it to the pharmacy and they can deal with it. Someone mentioned an animal shelter maybe able to use it but I feel since it was prescribed for him it needs destroying. Plus it’s been out of the fridge since yesterday. What a huge waste.

I am out of irk until the 20th though I planned to go back on Moanday but relief doesn’t arrive until Tuesday so I will have off until Wed. I have been sleeping a lot. A whole lot. It’s gonna be tough to go back to irk schedule wise.

Hope all you itchers get better soon. I am an itcher with ragweed allergies. Make my nose and face itch. Itches are not fun.

Got a box of Bumba soap today. So excited to try new flavors.

I just got some happy news! I’m going to have another great-niece in April! Nephew and wife have an adorable baby girl who’ll turn 2 in May. Wow, are they going to be busy! It’s so nice to have a sweet baby to look forward to, even if I don’t get to see her for awhile. (They live in the Midwest.)

The happiest of news! So happy for you~the anticipation will brighten and warm your winter I hope. Babies are my favorite, you probably figured that out.

Happy news indeed, nellie. May newest great niece bring joy.

Butters, I’ll never tell-hope it helps the appetite.

Red, rest is a good thing. I do it all the time…

FCM, hey big spender! Glad they caught that. And I’ll let others help with the electrical question, I know how to operate the switches and change the bulbs and that’s my limit.

doggio, here’s the Far Side cartoon that the paleontologists adopted the name from: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d2/bb/a2/d2bba2eb44100af2904b6309665be6ba.jpg

Dinner was an early stop at Red Robin (Yum!) which had been planned for Sunday but I just didn’t feel like fixing anything here. Evening has been readin’ and internettin’ and will head off to bed shortly.

All y’all take care.

I normally buy a box of 10 for the people who send me generic cards (husband’s uncle and aunt who we haven’t seen in 15 years) and then I buy handmade cards at the Christmas markets for the nearest and dearest, such as my parents. A lot of of the Christmas markets have already been canceled, so my parents might not even get a special card unless I make my own. I recently decided to find a new home for all my scrapbooking supplies since I hadn’t done anything with them for more than 10 years.

If I could teleport, I think I’d just come visit you for all the meals. At least this way I get ideas. I just found a knock-off recipe for the Banzai Burger which I’ll make later this week, as it will warm up (up to 60 F!) and get sunny.

Currently refreshing two different Twitter accounts, waiting for the results of today’s extraordinary meeting of the Swiss Federal Council. There have been plenty of predictions, but the devil is always in the details.

Today’s lunch is leftover Navajo Casserole. Which probably needs another name, but it’s a recipe I’ve had for more than 20 years. I was surprised to find any results when I searched for it - but most of the results use lamb, not beef. I think the only reason it got called Navajo is because it has chili powder and cornmeal dumplings. Otherwise, I doubt it’s authentic. No idea where I got the recipe.

Stay safe!

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 55 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 81 and N.O.S. for the day. Fall weather in this part of the world. We shall deheathenate and then head back to da cave. N.O.L. shall be chili/cheese/slawdawgs. Fartfest to follow. Much sloth shall ensue the rest of the day.

Nellie yay for impendin’ new baby!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y’all!

Very unpleasant surprise last night when I took my shoes off - they were covered in Cozmo poo! I don’t know how I didn’t smell it, but FCD did. He just couldn’t isolate the source. And no, it’s not plague that’s affected my sense of smell - I’ve got cold/allergies and unless a smell is strong, it doesn’t penetrate. Dammit. So I need to clean my shoes today. They spent the night in the garage.

While we were at Daughter’s, I cut back some bushes and branches that were invading their patio - apparently that’s where I got pooped. Lesson learned - next time I wear my grubby shoes and change before getting in the car. Which reminds me - I need to check in the car now for residue.

Since I was lazy last night, I just now loaded and started the dishwasher. I shall continue with what I was doing yesterday - starting with my record albums. They’re in the bottom of the baby’s closet and I need to get them here in the proper cabinet. Then I can put her toys in her closet and disassemble the bed. SIL and his brother are coming over to pick up his basketball stand/hoop thingie, and while here, they’re going to help FCD move his motorcycle from the paint shed to his shop. And I’m going to ask them to put the crib parts in the attic.

We also need to make a run to the convenience center with trash and recycling, tho we can do that tomorrow if needed. We shall see how it all goes. Meanwhile, my thyme and tarragon have sprouted! Woohoo!!!

Happy Sunday!

Morning all.

Tis bright and rather chilly this side of the pond, though the forecast claims it’s going to cloud over as soon as I put the washing out. I’ve been up to the fruit 'n veg shop already, but I suspect the rest of the day may degenerate into slobbage. I should really head out for walkies later, but I’m not sure if I can really be bothered; I know I’d enjoy it once I was out there, but it’s so much effort </position of woe>
It’s not as though I’m not getting plenty of exercise at irk at the moment, in fairness.

Afternoon, mumpers! I have no idea if it’s sunny or not out there, curtains are remaining closed so poorly eye can rest. It’s a bit better today but still not fully open, very sensitive to light and quite painful.

Wheelie so glad to hear Maki made it home safely and the naughty person has been found. I really don’t understand animal theft at all, especially not when it’s a more exotic animal like a lemur. I hope he settles back into his proper environment without any problems.

I have skimmed and not retained much, heading for an afternoon of slothage myself, although I had planned to make the filling for tomorrow night’s dinner (chicken, ham and leek pie) so that’s it’s ready to go in the oven once the pastry top is on. The top is filo, which I got from the corner shop and is now in the fridge defrosting so I thought I could make the filling today, leave it in the fridge until tomorrow night, put the filo on and shove it in the oven.

Next week I’m due to be off irk all week (apart from Toosday, I have a couple of meetings in the morning that I need to keep in the diary). We thought about going away for a few days just for a change of scenery but with all the new restrictions, it just doesn’t seem worth the bother now.

Happy Sunday, and rosie’s .sig to all.

Happy Sunday!

Another cold morning, 36 degrees.

I’m home early from the park as nobody showed up but Lucy and Lily. We left with Lily as I was cold anyway.

Congrats on new baby Nellie.

Interesting about the cartoon MetalMouse

Butters sometimes what people don’t know won’t hurt them.

I’ve been slothing quite a bit lately, I really have a lot I need to do, but I’ll probably sloth some more. Then tomorrow I’ll be running around like a mad woman getting the house cleaned up for the lawn/fence/bathroom guy. He’s supposed to start painting tomorrow.
We’ll see.

All my stuff from da jungle that was supposed to come Firday and got delayed until yesterday, has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Yesterday I saw a prime delivery van coming down the street and so I waited by the door. They didn’t stop here, that is when I found out everything is coming tomorrow.
Not a problem, but it is an annoyance.

Thank you! I guess we can learn a lot from each other, for sure, us Itching Folks. I used to take OTC acid reducers but quit because I was told it was causing my gall bladder pain, which apparently it was, so I probably won’t try that again, but it’s good to know.

Congrats on the nephew’s new baby nellie!

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted (pizza, which will be breakfast for most of next week) and fixing to go to CVS once I’m sheveled to get some cough syrup. I can’t take another beastly night like the last three. I need some sleep. Last night, I woke up around 3:00 coughing, so I toodled out to the kitchen to make a hot toddy. I was still up until ~4:30. I did manage to sleep in until almost 10 this morning though. The back/hip are still hurting, but not as much as yesterday. I’m doing some yoga stretches to alleviate that.

Enough of the whining. I need to put supper in the crock and take a shower.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

I have read little (something about a stolen lemur?) and am retaining less. Last week was just … look, I had a really bad time as far as mental health.
Now I have to deal with the aftermath. A “depression nest” around my papasan chair, dishes to clean (means I ate! … a bit.)

Also need to put on pants and go to the pharmacy.
I did scoop the primary litter box & take out all the puke-ey trash earlier. (My puke. Not my poop in the litter boxes. We have our boundaries, the cats & I.)

I … need more info. That sounds like a godsend. Could I get an Rx at Urgent Care (“Doc-In-A-Box”) you think?

I also need to ask the property management co. if there’s some filter for the furnace that needs replacing or maintenance.
I feel … weird when I’m at home and the heater is running. Like the air seems heavy and I feel weighed down. I’m sitting in front of my open back door (with 50F rainy weather) right now and feel better already.

Sunday around here is Maintenance Day. So far I’ve gone grocery shopping, changed the litter boxes, fed the outdoor kitties, scattered bird seed for the LBBs outside the office window, prepped a load of laundry and filled the dishwasher for later. Still have to sweep the floors and scrub the toilets. At that point I can kick the shoes off and see what’s on TV for the rest of the day. I’m keeping an eye on a dear friend in Colorado. She lost her mother a couple of months ago and yesterday had to take her dog in to be put down because the liver cancer got to be too much for her. So she is hurting bad and I’m in no position to offer comfort except by long distance. 2020 can just fuck off any time now.

I hope all the people around here are having a safe and happy weekend. You deserve it!

I’d be installing a carbon monoxide alarm if I was you. Sounds suspicious. And I wouldn’t wait for the apt folks to do it.

Crib has been disassembled and is awaiting SIL to put it in the attic. Futon is assembled and set up for Roxy - I just need to find full-size sheets - I think I have one set downstairs. If not, I’ll run to WalMart tomorrow.

FCD is driving to Alexandria to look at a car, even tho we can’t buy anything till the refi closes (in 2 or 3 weeks). If I’d known how he was about cars, I might have rethought the elopement. Not even going to try to list all the cars he’s owned in the last 37 years… but there were 2 'Vettes, 2 Porsches, and I’ll stop right there. Now he’s looking at a Cadillac. :roll_eyes:

I got all my albums put away and I semi-organized Roxy’s room. FCD handed me some razor blades - I think he wants me to clean the paint off the windows where I painted last week. Subtle, huh? I just finished lunch, so I guess I can scrape the windows for a while. And I have 2 more plants to bring in from the porch - both need some pruning. And the snake plant on the back porch needs to be divided into at least 3 pots. Which means I need to get 2 more pots. Sheesh.

I think I need some chocolate.

Very doubtful. It is a scheduled, controlled drug and usually prescribed only for severe, sustained chemotherapy loss of appetite or nausea. The doctor would want to know you and your condition well because they might have to account to authorities for the prescription. They are all tracked across the country.

If it’s legal where you are, good ol’ mj is what it is.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off today, so I shall clean the apartment. And watch handegg.

[Mad Scientist]MY ARMY OF CYBORG LEMURS WILL DESTROY YOU ALL![/Mad Scientist]

That’s a CO leak somewhere. Call the emergency maintenance number now!

I agree. It was actually the pharmacist that recommended I ask the doctor for Marinol when I told him he wasn’t eating and has lost so much weight. According to a nutritionist I spoke with on one of our many hospital visits, ones metabolism goes into hyperdrive with heart issues trying to fix it so he would need to eat three times as many calories per day just to keep up his current weight. He is literally wasting away. Today he is especially tired as he said he didn’t sleep much last night so I told him to go back to sleep if that’s what he wants to do. So he did.

I found a frozen turkey roast thingie in the freezer and gave it along with a few onions, canned tomatoes and some peas to my neighbor to make him some more soup since he said it’s the best he ever had. I have chores to do but am trying to be quiet while he sleeps. So I may nap too.