It's Pouring Rain in the MMP

Afternoon all. Stayed in bed until near 9am, then went out and mowed the yard, so my major chore for the day is done. Up to 73F now, so a nice fall day outside, maybe I’ll even turn the tackleball off and go enjoy it.

Nothing much to report, lunch has been assimilated and bathing and general cleanliness has been dealt with, still have my Sunday Sudoku’s and jumbles to deal with, so that should get me through the afternoon.

All y’all enjoy your Sunday.

SIL and his brother have done the chores I needed muscle to get done and now they’re taking the basketball hoop away - Huzzah!! As soon as they’re gone, I’m going to run to the store for a set of sheets for the futon bed.

I love my ‘mute’ button. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I strongly agree. Feeling dizzy or having headaches or being disoriented when at home, and the symptoms disappearing when one is not at home is a strong indicator of CO poisoning.

I’d like to make Shoe an offer: please leave your house today, buy a carbon monoxide alarm, put the battery(it’s) in it and run it before closing the several windows you opened as soon as you read this offer. Don’t fall asleep in your place tonight until a new, fresh battery carbon monoxide alarm has confirmed it is clear.

It’s a pretty day here but I’m not enjoying it.
I took my neighbor out to pick up his prescriptions. He said he would have walked, but he doesn’t like carrying a big bag of pills through that part of town. I don’t even like going to the gas station down there, unless it’s early in the morning.

I took a nap but got woke up early by my ring going off. The da jungle stuff that was supposed to be delivered Firday, got switched to Saturday, got switched to Moonday, came today.
Is anybody surprised?

If it’s not a CO leak, Shoe, I get what you are saying. I get a heavy feeling when the heat is on because it’s getting cold outside and the days are getting shorter, and wearing more clothing feels oppressive. When it’s cold outside and I have to put on long underwear, and then clothes, and heavy socks, and heavy boots, and a coat, and hat, and gloves… I feel like a toddler in a snowsuit. Even though I don’t dress that way indoors, it still just feels heavy to have the heat on.
Like one of my friends said, when we’re all bundled up like that, please don’t knock us over, because we won’t be able to get back up.

Ripple has me acting like a pez dispenser. Drop a toy on my foot and I’ll give you a treat.
He’s not even trying anymore, keeps picking up the same toy and dropping it.
Okay, now he’s pulling envelopes out of the recycling and bringing them to me.
He has a bowl full of food, and he’s losing his waist line. He doesn’t need all these treats.

I need to get up and get some stuff done.

New sheets are in the washer. I also picked up a small lamp for the baby’s room. And I can now roll the under-bed storage bins under the futon. Slowly but surely, we’re getting there…

Mrs. L.A. and I received our ballots yesterday, and we filled them out this morning (independently, no discussion). There’s a drop box at the fire station, and Mrs. L.A. will drop them off today.

However, not having at least one CO detector in your home is like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun. The cost is nominal, and the benefit incalculable.

Shoe, I’ll join the pile-on and urge you to check for CO now. Definitely not an “it can wait til tomorrow” thing.

Even if it turns out not to be that, it’s still unhealthy to go too long without changing air filters; you should call out your landlord for that at the very least.

That’s not an offer. That’s a request (at best) or really, a command (don’t take well to those) … BUT it occurred to me - while again sitting by the opened door - that mgmt. may move a bit more efficiently if I have test results at which I can point.

Mrs. Mendina (my draconian 9th grade English teacher) that was for you - took a bit of mental effort to ensure I didn’t end with a dangling participle.

{pouts unreasonably} still not an offer.

Meanwhile, I came to thank y’all for listening to me yammer about, well, mundane pointless things.
Since last I posted, I washed about three dishes, and folded some stuff. Didn’t put any of it away, yet, but … oh, I let the nice crew at Popeye’s fix me lunch. That way, no washing up. I already ate most of it.

Ah, yes, and I refilled about a thousand water bottles (not really, but lots?) and gave each enclosure both lab blocks - nutritious but not super fun to eat - and a flax/chia/hemp seed mix - delicious (according to rodents! I wouldn’t touch the stuff) and will help fatten 'em up for the coming chill.

Everyone keeps scaring me about the cold! and the snow! and I dunno, winter is only a coupla months, right?
That’s better than summer in Texas - five to eight months of misery - even if I can’t let the cats out for a while.
Right?

More snow than ice more fluffy flakes than rice grains yeah there’s a Geographical sweet spot To winter in west Mich. Lake effect snow belt. el Nina Forecast is lots of snow With less polar cold.

I have one on every floor, along with a smoke detector.

I would think they would be part of code in a rental.
But maybe not? Should be.

shoe, this isn’t a command, request, or offer. It’s a plea. Please get a carbon monoxide detector TODAY. You should be able to get one for $25 or so at a big box store. We’re quite fond of you around here and would feel awful if something bad happened to you. If not for yourself, do it for the critters.

Also, shoe, I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better in the noggin department. Don’t worry about Michigan winters. (Haven’t lived there but have visited often and have family there.) OK, snow and cold last 3-4 months, minimum, but you don’t have to be out in it. You’ll be snug inside, maybe wrapped in a blanket and sipping hot cider. Also, you won’t be burning yourself when you go out to start your car.

Oh, and take it from a retired English teacher: that “don’t end a sentence with a preposition” rule is for the birds. It’s a grammar rule made up by a yutz (Joshua Poole, possibly with John Dryden) who was trying to align English with Latin, and it’s led to awkward syntax and plenty of headaches. No offense to Mrs. Mendina: the rule was pounded into her head, too.

aka Moooomday. I bet she’d give you a gold star.

I had no idea that was a possibility! Thanks for fighting my ignorance.

I’m afraid to say this for fear of jinxing it, but I’m doing better today. I’m not back to normal, but I took a shower, and it only made me a little itchier. Today’s the first day without prednisone, so I’m not counting on this continuing, but I’m hopeful. I did not take the Doxepin because I was feeling a little better last night and because the vision/glaucoma warning scares me. I’ve fought too hard for too long to keep the vision I have to mess it up. I’ll call the eye clinic tomorrow and see what they think.

I’m making a big pot of soup. It’s the same one I made awhile back. I don’t have a name for it. It’s just chicken broth with yams. parsnips, carrots, apple, fresh ginger, onions, and garlic. It’s filling and nutritious.

I’m gonna climb on the bandwagon about the CO2 detector shoe. I lost a cousin to a CO2 leak in her home (her husband survived, but was in the hospital for a while) a couple of years ago. Your cats, rats and snake have no opposable thumbs to call 911 for you.

Mooooooom, it sounds like FCD is looking for a geezermobile.

bumba, I hear you on the mute button. I made good use of it during the primary season (around here, it amounts to the general for statewide offices) and am making good use of it whenever McConnell’s ads come on (Nashville TV stations are the main ones for a good chunk of southern Kentucky). It’s the season that I read most of my news and stream everything else right now.

I’m taking the day off tomorrow to go get tested for Covid. What began as fall allergy symptoms has morphed into body aches, not much appetite, can’t taste very well and a low grade fever. One of my friends made a CVS run for me to get the Dayquil/Nyquil pack and some more cough drops. I hope that it comes back negative so that I can get over it and get on with everyday stuff.

I tried. Bought a CO detector. I’m not stupid about batteries, but apparently I bricked it?

Now I have another one. I’m terrified to screw this one up - it’s not like I can afford to just buy a third one. They’re like 29 bucks each.

So now my anxiety ridden ass is staring at a CO detector, too scared to put batteries in it (I somehow fucked this up last time?) which isn’t helpful when the Oracle of Teh Googlez predicted mid 30s tonight and I’d kinda like to have some heat like a civilized human.

Tell more in detail. How was the first one ‘bricked’? Broken somehow by how the battery was put in?

If the first one was defective (?bricked) you should be able to get your money back when you return it.

I know it’s frustrating-I just went through it at my house 2 months ago. PM me if you want a phone number to call to trouble shoot with you.

Glad you’re working on it.

Evening all. I did get out of the house for a little while, stumbled across a youth soccer game (the club teams play Sunday) and watched it for awhile, then since I hadn’t determined what I would have for dinner, I just got my weekly Butter Pecan (3 scoops!) Waffle Cone (big line at the drive-through, it got to 76F today) and that should have enough calories to hold me until Moanday. Got the Sudokus and Jumbles solved, so my brain is still operational. May stay up to watch PRIMAL, which is a cartoon about a man and a dinosaur, but both lushly beautiful and very (VERY) violent. But it’s done by the same guy who gave us Samurai Jack, so it is watchable.

Everybody mentioning it made me think that I need to check the batteries in my CO2 detector. Colder weather means that the gas heat is on and while my system has been fine, you never know…

All y’all have a good evening and I’ll catch you on the next MMP.

I dunno? I can’t figure it out. Brain too foggy.

Love y’all bunches, but I can’t do this. I am so sorry.

You need to leave the house and call 911. now