It's raining and I can't walk my dog MMP

I’m not sure I’ll go as far as ‘clean it up nice’, but currently you could probably grow a decent crop of wheat on the floor… :o

Please send energy, I appear to be out.

He should apply for an IT position at Da Jungle. But on second thought he could be overqualified. :wink:

No big church plans for Easter so that brings the question of do I want to consider doing extra shifts. Will contemplate my naval the next couple days and consider. I’ve developed a little toe nail issue over the last couple years and am home-treating it with the standard farm fallbacks; Absorbine Jr horse liniment and Vicks Vapo-rub. Its only been a week but they show a slight improvement. There are reasons old farmers survive to become old farmers. I’m giving it a couple months though before I really decide.

You have boats? :dubious:

Lunch time! Still awake, so there’s that. I’m having the last of the N.O.T. soup.

There were reported to be 2 casualties in the fire this morning. Photos I saw showed a yard full of kids’ toys… :frowning:

Two small brothers drowned in the lake next door some years ago.
The next day their bed room furniture was in the trash.

Happy Toosday!

I have a huge blurf today.
I slept through the night but I need a nap already.

The sun was out this morning, now it is cloudy outside and is supposed to rain.

I’m checking out the levelor blinds FCM. I am fine with light coming through, I would prefer that. I want privacy at night when the lights are on, or I’d be fine with no blinds and just the sheer curtains. The more sunlight the better.
Red, a valance may work, I’m going to think about it.

It’s going to have to wait a bit longer no matter what I decide, we have too much going on around here already.

I told my son I think 90% of the work we do around here is because of the critters. They are always doing something they shouldn’t.
Hair is everywhere, we need to vacuum everyday. We need to, doesn’t mean we do.

I think Ripple has springs in his legs. He is non-stop jumping up trying to get stuff off my desk. I tell him NO! and push him down, and he pops right back up. He wants my reading glasses, and now he is also into pens. He has toys everywhere, and empty bottles that he loves to chase and chew on, but it’s never enough. Now he wants pens.

I clear off the kitchen table, Sah-son clutters it back up so the cat can’t get on it. The cat knows he is not allowed on the table but he doesn’t care, he does it anyway. It doesn’t matter how cluttered the table is, the cat will just push things out of the way or sit on top of them. He has amazing balance for having such a fat ass.

Except he was trying to print a text based Word doc w/o any images. :smack:

Made it California yesterday. I forgot my purse. :smack: My husband brought it to me, but we had to re-book on a later flight. I was an unhappy person. I was trying a new system that involved me not carrying my computer in a large purse, due to the healing back. I remembered the new wheelie bag, and completely forgot the wallet/purse that you need to actually get on a plane these days. Lesson learned. Well 2 lessons learned: I am a foolish person, and the bags must be combined.

On the dog front, Kona (Swissie), Pooka Bear, and Star (smaller floof), do not care one whit about the weather. Open the door and out they go. Pixel, the nearly hairless one occasionally must be picked up and bodily carried out to under a tree or something, and stood over until something happens. He does not appreciate rain, cold, or heaven forfend, snow. Once back inside, he requires warming as he shivers. He is not an all season dog, poor guy.

Happy Toesday all.

We have a six foot wide by three foot tall window in our back room/porch/pantry* behind the kitchen and the roll-down shade over it doesn’t roll down anymore. I want to replace the roll-down shade with some simple Venetian blinds. I’ve looked for venetian blinds at the place where I used to purchase such things, Bi-Mart, and also at Freddie’s. No luck. Apparently they are passe. I may have to drive alllll the way to the Home Depot in the next town over to see if they have any. :smack:

*It started out as a porch until someone (who wasn’t me) made a room out of it and filled it with old cabinets, so now it’s a pantry. It’s also my/our workroom. I put a big ol’ worktable in the middle of it to use while making soap and generally working on stuff, but, like every other flat surface in our house, it’s currently covered with assorted orphaned things. :confused:

{{{Sunny}}} Going to the airport is bad enough. Forgetting something is even worse. :frowning:

Well, onward and upward.

I have laundered, ironed, and made sammiches. Still no word on twuck. Maybe this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. I haven’t called cause I figure they’ll call me when it’s all ready. I’m thinkin’ shirt, tie and dress pants for the funeral. I shall also take a rain jacket as it may or may not rain. TWPTB are bein’ all willy-nilly right now. My new laptop keeps askin’ me if I want to link things up with my iPhone. Do they really need to talk to each other or whatever that means?

The only reason I’m posting it to tell Swampy he made the last post on Page 1.
::Tbhtbhhbhttbtbhtbttt::

Intereting day.

Had a second estimate on concreting my front patch of ground provided this afternoon. It’s the area between my front door and garage and sidewalk and was designed to grow plants (I grow weeds). About 10 years ago I had some fly-by-night guy put pavers in, and now they look terrible and I still get weeds. So no more fooling around, we’re going to get some proper ce-ment in the space and turn it into a patio what looks good in the neighborhood. Soon as I get some money…

Second issue started late Sunday, when late at night I turned the light on in the kitchen and spotted a bug, which promptly skittled away under the dishwasher. I sprayed bug killer under it and on Monday got some cockroach poison traps, which I spread aroudn this morning.

This afternoon I found a dead bug on the living room floor. Knew it was dead because (1) it wasn’t moving (2) it was on it’s back and (3) I stepped on that sucker. Looked like a cricket instead of a roach, so perhaps it was nothing, but I’ll leave the traps out anyway for awhile. Never had a bug problem in 20 years here and I actually do keep my food area relatively neat, so hope this was a one-off.

Now it’s time to think what I am going to do to keep nine 8-9 year old girls entertained for 90 minutes…

FCM, flytrap sad things.

Sunny, been halfway to the airport for an international trip when I found that I hadn’t taken my passport with me and had to turn around.

Sari, next time get a middle-aged dog/cat. They may be set in their ways, but they have much less nervous energy.

**MetalMouse **- we’ve been getting roaches - mostly in the basement. That is, FCD’s workshop. A place full of metal shavings and cooling fluids and other industrial stuff. ICK!!!

Speaking of FCD, he scared the crap out of me with an* “I’ve got some good news and some bad news”* phone call. The project he’s working has been extended at least a month or 2, so that’s good. The bad news? The radio in his car died.

I’m sitting at my desk bracing for some horrible revelation and it’s just a radio. Don’t ever marry a crazy person. Trust me on that one.

London broil for supper - I’ll figure out the veggies in a little bit. And early bedtime tonight, 'cause I’s tahred! Baby Engineer is going to the Keys with his family tomorrow and won’t be back for a week, so I’ll have an office to myself! WOOHOO! :smiley:

Moomm can you decorate thoughtfully for his return? Say, a layer of post-its on every surface?

Coasters epoxied to desk and table tops.

I can’t waste that many post-its. I’m thinking something with Peeps - lots of Peeps! **FCD **is warped enough to come up with a worthwhile endeavor. :smiley:

I know I posted earlier but I don’t see it so maybe I posted in the old MMP. Or maybe I dreamed it.

Not seeing it anywhere. I am losing it.

swampy, I generally wear something appropriate for a job interview to funerals/memorials. Unless it’s at an ultraconservative church, I generally wear slacks (and to the smartasses out there, when it isn’t slacks, it’s a skirt).

sunny, my little guy is mostly chihuahua, so he has outerwear. A coat for when I wear a heavy winter coat and a slicker for when I wear a rain poncho. When we get in, he turns on the puppy eyes to get extra treats and cuddles. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a lot accomplished at irk today. On the homefront, the floors are swept and mopped and I’m getting ready for an hour or so in the studio.

missred, I remember when I was growing up in the sixties, that it was surprising when women started wearing slacks to church. But you know wh really appreciated it then, and still does? About 90% of the oldest women in church. At least in the winter, when the wind can’t blow up under your skirt.

Aluminum foil everything on the desk. The phone, the handset, individual pens/pencils, etc. (I got more iffn you don’t like that one.)

Or if you want to do something with Peeps, you could go to the Peeps show in Carroll County, MD.
The Washington Post also does one every year.
Right now, I’m having a S’more.