It's raining and I can't walk my dog MMP

I had a cat once, or, to be more precise, I had a wife once who had cats.
Never again.

Now I have a different wife, (new and improved, mostly) and two dogs. Much better.

Nothing else to report. Happy Moanday, y’all.

I actually do have a fenced back yard. But I live on the second floor of the house, and in the morning can’t see anything at all from upstairs. Even in the daylight there’s a blind spot uner the eaves. In the morning I have to walk Mauser, in the afternoon I either take him to the dog park or walk him again, depending on available time or the weather.

CHA-CHING!!!

IRS refund came in today’s mail. So did the refund from our now-former heating oil supplier. So did 2 capital credit checks from the electric co-op we used in Florida. So we can now afford to have some work done in the yard without touching savings. Yay!

Supper will be sloppy joes and chips. Chillage shall ensue.

I hate school breaks. I hate them because I have the most flexibility to work from home when I need to and therefore have the dubious pleasure of staying home with my kids who are stuck in the house with each other thanks to never-ending thunderstorms. On days like these I can see why people rely on televisions as babysitters, because conference calls are a hell of a lot quieter when the TV is on. Now I’m forcing them both to read. Oh, the horrors!

On the bright side, I made a decision about my work. I chose the more interesting job with no direct reports over a job with higher status, more money and lots of directs. I’m terrified because I’ve only been in regulated markets my entire “grown up” career, but the work at the new position is interesting as balls. This is going to be a hell of a lot more work than I’ve been doing lately, and completely different. People will think I’m nuts for turning down the role I was offered to stay. But, I know the people running the department I’m going to and they’re demanding, intense and some of the smartest, most driven women I’ve ever met. And if I can emulate even a fraction of the poise and intelligence they exude, it’ll all have been worth it. My husband told me not to run away from my job, but to run to something much, much cooler. I never realized doing that would terrify the shit out of me like this.

Everytime I think about it, I want to barf. But in a good way.

:blush: made my day!

When did you file, FairyChat?

I haz a migraine. Blurf.

We have supped. ‘Twas a good thing to have on a gray and chilly/windy day. Plus, leftovers for both of us for N.O.L. tomorrow so WIN-WIN. I’m hopin’ twuck will be ready tomorrow. MOOOOOOM I sold ‘stang four years ago. Got tired of dealin’ with two vehicles and got a good price on the sell. I thought I would miss it but I haven’t. I reckon geezerdom tells me to be more practical.

YakkityYak or whatever you’ve been nicknamed, send the kids out with kites to play in the tstorms.

{{{WetOne}}} Here’s Soft Kitty.

I think our returns went the first week of March - since the accountant did it, I don’t remember the exact date. I’d have had the refund more than a week ago if we’d remembered to put a “0” on our credit union account number. But we’ve now gotten checks from the Feds and the state, so life is good.

Thanks. Ours wasn’t long after that, so perhaps we will our refund soon. I spent it today on real estate taxes.

sari, would blinds and a valance show off your woodwork sufficiently?

Hope your knee feels better metal mouse.

baker, Nelson doesn’t mind a light rain too much, but when it’s pouring down buckets, we both get suited up in rain gear to go outside. That’s when he makes it short, sweet and to the point. Or, under the eaves. :stuck_out_tongue:

Irked, came home, vaccuumed and there’s a load of laundry now in the dryer. After KP, I’ll get the Spring/Easter cards ready to mail tomorrow. Tomorrow, I’ll put the kid stuff together for the Spring picnic Sunday.

Successful soccer practice even if only half the kids showed up; weather was looking like rain and windy and cold, so I couldn’t blame them. But the knee is good.

Found my old jacket and a pair of sweat pants that I thought I had lost lying around the field we practiced at. They had been out in the weather for two weeks, so they were a little…messy…but a couple runs through the washer and then the dryer will cure that. I’m glad I found the jacket, it’s a non-descript brownish-green lightweight, but it’s one of those pieces of apparel that just fit. No trying on, no adjusting, it just fits perfectly.

Other than that it’s been a quiet day.

All y’all take care.

Worked, went to hockey. Canes won. Gordie will not go out if it raining too hard. Or even if it’s too damp. Hence his nickname ,“Princess Pretty Paws”

:smiley:

: fingers crossed, anad puke buckets ready :

I’ve been up since a bit before 2. It’s almost 5. Long day ahead…

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 52 Amurrkin out and cloudy, OK dark, with a predicted high of 75 and cloudy for the day. The big item on the agenda is Tammie’s memorial service this evenin’. I shall make chikin sallit sammiches this afternoon to take to the gatherin’ afterward. Laundry is also up. I should probably iron some shirts as well. Don’t know what to wear tonight. My upbringin’ says black suit, white shirt, and black tie cause it’s a funeral. Even though it will be a full on Lutheran funeral, the family wants to keep things a bit casual so I’ve been told. Maybe a nice dress shirt and dress pants then. For the smart assess amongst us, yes I will wear shoes and socks. Underwear as well. :stuck_out_tongue: Also hopin’ I get twuck back today.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, well, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!

Not only have I begun my day way too early, I had a detour on the way to work. There was a fire just north of Loveville and Rt 5 was blocked. I made a guess and ended up going the looooooong way - turns out I could have gotten back on 5 very easily. Oh well…

I dropped off my big pile o’checks at the credit union and now I’m at my desk about to begin caffeination. I didn’t start getting drowsy till about 20 minutes before my alarm went off. Dammit. What other crap will my day hold?

Yeah, yeah, Happy Tuesday. :stuck_out_tongue:

:dubious: I’m having trouble deciding if that’s very very early or very very late… Keep going, and you’ll gain an extra day at some point.

No classes today, I have a fair bit to be getting on with, but I have over 2 weeks off to get on with it all, and I can get most of that done in a few days actually cracking on with it so part of my brain’s already on holiday.

I’ve booked the car in to get serviced on Thursday, so I need to vacuum it out at some point, and I need to return a liberry book, but I think that shall be the main excitement for the day.

It was very very early. I forgot to turn off my electric blanket (I usually leave it on just long enough to warm the sheets) and I woke up overheated. By that time, I’d had enough sleep to take the edge off, and my usual fall-back-to-sleep tricks weren’t working… till about 4:40. So I’m dragging.

And I’m starting to fret about my daughter and impending granddaughter. Today’s her last day at work - she was originally planning to stay till April 6, but between insomnia and constant need to pee, she decided she can’t handle teaching any longer. For her sake, I’m hoping labor starts soon, tho her due date is Apr 12. We shall see and I shall continue to fret.

My cats do not like rain. Ophelia is happy enough doing her stuff indoors as she will use the litter tray. Shadow used to do that but since his bouts of cystitis, he has bad associations with the litter tray so he prefers to go outside. Or upstairs in the corner of the spare room. I know about that and have left newspaper down there in case he decides to resume that behaviour but so far he has not. So he goes outside, then comes in to find me and complain bitterly about his soggy fur. Apparently this is something that can be fixed by applying fuss to the cat and salmon to his stomach.

I have had an interesting time at irk, been out of the office doing interviews so hopefully one of the candidates will become my new minion. I’m also sorting out last minutes details for our holiday on Saturday which means I have got a lot on my mind. Thus I am awake a lot in the night alternately wondering if I’ve got enough fish to take to the cattery for Shadow to have his daily meds, whether I have the right car hire documents, whether we will get a decent enough car to take us to the airport (one-way car rental for £1, much cheaper and more direct than the train/underground combination) and a whole load of other things like that. Plus the number of irk-related things I need to do before Thursday…

I need a break!

Hang in there, FCM; Sleep (and babies) come when they will. All in good time.

boo fae, minions are good things to have; hopefully you will choose wisely and get a good one.

nut, isn’t it something that we all clean our cars up nice when they go in for service, just so some mechanic we will never meet has a good opinion of us? (I clean mine too).

swampy, I wear jackets and ties to weddings and funerals; that’s about the only time you get me dressed properly (except on formal night on cruises).

50F out this AM, which was about as warm as it got yesterday, heading for 65F and into the 70’s tomorrow (but raining). Rumors are we may see the sun again before the weekend, but I am dubious.

Now to go forth and forage for breaking fast.