It's snowing. Bloody Canada

No snow for the whole stupid winter, and now twice in a week. Blasted stupid climate. IT’S APRIL!!! STOP IT!!!
It’ll probably snow until June, just to get back at us for not snowing until now. Damn climate. Where is global warming when you need it?

Yep, same here in Minnesota.

We got about 5 inches yesterday, then the weatherman said it would taper off to flurries last night. I did the snowblower thing before going to bed.

This morning, I woke up to 6 inches of “flurries” on the steps and sidewalk.

I truly, truly loathe snow. As soon as I finish school, this state will see my ass heading to Florida for 6 months out of the year.

I’ll trade ya-here the weather is warm one day, cold the next. Yuck.

I like cold weather. I can’t stand the heat.

Where’s global warming?

It’s taking its vacation after staving winter off until February.

Green Christmas, white Equinox. Whatever.

Oh, I like cold weather too, but I prefer it in the winter, not the Spring. There’s five inches of melting snow out there right now, covering the crocuses (croci?)

As a Canadian, you should remain aware of the fact that despite massive brainwashing from points South (or Vancouver/Victoria, which is definitely south of here), spring does not actually arrive for another month yet. :slight_smile:

(Dryly) I AM in Southern Canada- more precisely, in that part of Canada that everywhere else loves to hate: Toronto. I do know that it sometimes snows in April here. What I’m really bitter about is that we didn’t get any snow all winter, and now this. Argh. Yeah, I don’t think Vancouver is really a part of Canada. It’s too warm. :smiley:

Ditto. Hey, let’s have a Toronto Dopefest again.

Guin, the point here is that is WAS warm. It’s been warm all winter. Last Sunday I was out in a T-shirt playing softball, and today it was snowing like hell. It’s wrong, wrong, wrong.

It snowed in Chicago too.

So much for Aprille with his shoures soote… :stuck_out_tongue:

Lissla:

Toughen up a little… at least you didn’t get a wind chill warning like we did last night (Calgary – and me forgetting my earmuffs and gloves… damn).

Look on the bright side, cold weather and snow keep the insects and most of the tourists away.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It is 17 degrees farenheit here right now. April 3, 17 degrees farenheit. That’s about 16 degrees below freezing for Chrissakes! Fuck!

Other parts of the world have lovely beaches or beautiful sunsets. Us northern folk have the soul-crushing snow and cold.

It better quit by June. This here southern California boy is gonna be visiting up north for a few weeks, and I’m not sure I can do snow. I’m not even sure what it is. :wink:

Wuss. :wink:

It’s been -15C or so here. We had a couple of warm lovely days where it went all the way up to +5C, just to get our hopes up. We had our snow cover by October, it’s really not due to be gone until well, mid-May if we’re lucky.

At least I can see the sun again, even if it still isn’t warm. I do get tired of going to work in the dark and going home in the dark.

Southerners. :rolleyes:

Which is everybody below the 60th parallel. :smiley:

:d&r:

[Nelson]Haa Haa![/Nelson]

It’s T-Shirt weather here today. The cherry blossoms are blooming. My god-damned allergies are acting up, and I’m okay with that. You know why? 'cause it isn’t snowing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could be worse… could be raining.

Marty

::shrug::

We’re born with Gore-Tex skin here. It’s the transplanted Easterners that have problems with rain :smiley:

Y’know what? I took Monday off work because it was 75 degrees out, gorgeous, dry, sunny weather out. My girlfriend and I took a road trip and ended up walking through the woods identifying flowers. Trillium, skullcap, azalea, phlox, wild irises, violets carpeting the forest like a purple rug: they’re all out in a violent, fragrant explosion of blooms.

Did I mention that the tea olives are in bloom now? Beautiful.

I think I’ll wander down to the beach this weekend. It’s supposed to be nice and warm. I could really use a few rays. I’m so white.

Ahhhh, Spring is a wonderful time to be alive in the Deep South.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Course, it’ll be hot as all hell in a few months, but that can be nice too.

**Lord Derfel **, here I was in a good mood and you had to go and mention Gore and Tex in the same sentence.

Monday, I was in San Antonio, wearing a short-sleeve t-shirt and shorts. Tuesday, I was in Minnesota, freezing my ass off and watching it snow. This is APRIL, for God’s sake! This is not natural!

Robin

Update: got weird snow/hail stuff today. It looked like little styrofoam pellets. Continuing Aaaargh…
I spent last winter in Ottawa. I have experienced (quasi) real winter. (hee hee. There were three guys from Arkansas in my class. In winter, they kept looking out the windows and saying things like, “I’ve never SEEN that much snow before! I refuse to go outside until summer!”)
We did get a wind chill warning a couple weeks ago. It was a hurricane, and I almost got blown off a bridge. Just wait until you hear me complain about SUMMER… :smiley: I’d prefer the temperature to stay under 45" celcius this year. And no more plagues of aphids, please. They were gross. Were’t they fun, RickJay ? Were you around for the aphid plague?