It's the Great Minirants, Charlie Brown! (October minirants)

I let the good folks at Chili’s cook for (and clean up after) me tonight. Which was fine, except for two “bleh” spots:

Asked for mashed potatoes & gravy and was told, “This location doesn’t have gravy.” W.T.F. ferrealz?

Also, when I asked for butter, I was brought melted margarine in the name of all that’s unholy.

Mashed potatoes and yet no real butter or gravy? Yep, they need to be shut down forthwith.

When this plague recedes enough I’ll come out there and we can picket them together.

I totally agree, that shit’s not right.

My orange cat is feeling better, yay drugs, but this morning when I pried his jaw open I also managed to cut myself on his fang. Right there, on the side of my right index finger and not straight in, at an angle so the edge catches on everyfuckingthing.

Making pickled jalapenos wasn’t an issue because I always wear gloves when doing that sort of thing. Taking the gloves off before wiping the counters was.

I’m happy to say there are no Trump signs in my immediate neighborhood. Both or my next-door neighbors, along with me, have Biden signs, as well as the guy across the street.

4 years ago, someone’s entire front yard was filled with Trump signs. This time, there’s nothing.

My preference is just to add the following string at the end:  

This HTML code (“non-breaking space”) adds an invisible space to the end of the quote.

I spent a truly embarrassing amount of time trying to parse what the seemingly nonsensical letters in the code stood for while also seeing your subsequent line in my peripheral and imma go lay back down now or something.

No problem, it’s either very early in the morning, or very late at night, or something else, depending on one’s time zone and sleep schedule! :grinning: This is, however, proof that it works!

I just quoted you (no string) testing …

I have no idea what you’re referring to - my previous post was testing that behavior specifically, and I had no removals.

Maybe this is a computer vs. mobile app functionality?

Either way, I’ve gone and hijacked a perfectly good collection of rants, mini and otherwise, with what turned out to be less of a rant and more of a technical issue.

You may all now Pit me.

The problem occurs when you’re quoting the entire post and quotes, not a portion of it (either by highlighting the entire thing, or by clicking “Reply” to the post and then the balloon at the top left in the reply box toolbar to quote the whole thing).

ETA: Which is why altering the original quote in any way (including ways which are not visible) inhibit the automatic deletion.

I Pit you very slightly and gently for not understanding the above technical issue. And I even feel guilty about that! :slight_smile:

Ah. I see! I’ve never quoted an entire reply - we’re too windy & verbose 'round here, so I usually just choose a relevant phrase.

That sounds absolutely miserable.

Why the heck is there ALWAYS someone? And that someone is usually the same person. And they come up with so many reasons NOT to do something that even when they have a point, you really don’t care because they’re “that person.”

Maybe they’re trying to make it so they don’t get invited to meetings any more?

:face_vomiting:

Hey, we wanted a vomit smiley for all those years…now that we have access to it, I’m using it.

Took the little guy in to a different vet. This place you get to go in, masked of course, 40 minutes and cha chink later, he has a severe bacteria infection. Who knew that the cat ear canal went in a 90 degree turn.? So we have to make sure the medicine goes to the left and go down. She also swabbed the canal to se what kind of bacteria it is. More to follow.

Fuck sinusitis.
I just want to breathe, but apparently that’s too much to ask.

Oh my I feel for you. That sucks!

Poor kitty. Giving cats medicine is the worst for everyone involved.

In non-rant news, Samantha finished her antibiotics yesterday! :smiley_cat: In rant news, I have to lug the carpet shampooer upstairs this weekend to clean up all the places she drooled after she took her meds for the last ten days.

So last night while savoring a nice Chianti, Grey boy decided to fly through the air , knock my glass over on a costly tribal wool carpet. I blotted then poured hydrogen peroxide on the stain. It worked and no stain. Damn cat.

Brother in law texts me: He was just robocalled about his Amazon account and a $120 charge in Ohio.
Okay. Do you have an Amazon account?
No, you buy stuff for us off Amazon.
…waits for puzzle pieces to fit…
You mean someone was trying to scam me?

Dude. Even my 94 year old Auntie understands this stuff. How do you, a self-proclaimed expert in pretty much everything, not?

Side note: Muscinex Sinus is wonderful, for anyone who needs a recommendation. I can breathe!