It's time for A-ni-ma-niacs.....again!

Still in the early stages, but it looks like Animaniacs is being rebooted!

Not gonna lie, I loved the show growing up and I’ve heard the voice actors do the voices as recently as within the last year. Trust me, they still got it.

Is anyone else excited?

• I found Prince!
  • No, no, no; fingerprints.
  • I don’t think so.

I’ll watch.

Some of that stuff is a little dated though. I can’t see them bringing back “Goodfeathers”. Also, the whole “Hellooo Nurse!” thing might not play out very well in today’s climate.

Baloney. The “Hellooo Nurse!” Thing was innocent and funny. It’s not like the 1990s were some kind of Stone Age of sexist gorillas running wild. It was only 20 years ago, my god.

I could argue that things are worse today, with the Electoral College putting Mr. “Grab 'em by the Pussy!” In the White House.

What do YOU want to do tonight, Brain?

Okay, the “Hello Nurse” thing pings exactly zero on my outrage meter. But to say it was “innocent” is false. Animaniacs were a pretty tongue in cheek (if not down right raunchy) group. Dr. Strangelove does a pretty good job of illustrating that.

Also, there has been a strong feminist movement since the 90’s. So I still say it might not play well with Millennial parents.

Oh, is he back as well? :smiley:

Goodnight, everybody!

I originally wrote “Banana oil!” As Rube Goldberg coined them both and used them interchangeably. Switched to “Baloney!” To avoid confusion.

In any case, they are both Animaniacs-style terms!

Chicken Boo as the President, pecking out tweets on his phone? I could see it.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky.

TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

“Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?”

“I think so, Brain, but would the new Power puff girls would had been better off produced by Adult Swim like Samurai Jack was?”

I hope that the group that works on the new Animaniacs does not fall for the mistake of making a show just for little kids.

"You mean you want us poor innocent children to climb around on high scaffoldings to paint naked people on the inside of a church?

"We’ll do it!

“But we’re not doing it for the art. And we’re not doing it for the money. We’re doing it because we like painting naked people.”

He’s a chicken, I tell you. I GIANT chicken!

After hours making a case for the good women role models in Animaniacs.

Bottom line, if the writing is as good as it was the first time around, there is no reason why the show shouldn’t make a comeback.

well, there is baloney in their slacks.
I always loved the songs, I wonder if they’ll add a few verses to the President’s song.

I would love to see the show return.

IF (and it’s a big if!) it had the same quality writing.

Else, please no.

No, you don’t get the joke, y’see: Every era was immediately preceded by a Golden Age when people didn’t get offended and Those People were kept silent. Every era. Which naturally means that, in twenty years, this era will be a Golden Age when people didn’t get offended and Those People were kept silent.

Things were always better in the past, and decline geometrically. Which can be used to prove that eighty years ago, eighty years to the day, the world was Eden and Jerusalem (the Good Jerusalem, not the kind you get these days, sonny) and Paradise On Earth, where “Offense” was an unknown concept, Hard Work was rewarded, and Those People were dumb as posts. Yep, eighty years to the day it was.

Some of those songs are actually useful in teaching. They make good introductions to topics. I might use them as I will be teaching 4th grade this year. I have to correct one thing in the state capitals song: Annapolis, MD, has many better foods than clam chowder! Crab cakes!

And there are other capitals with better clam chowder than Annapolis, or so I’m told.