Ivana Trump is dead at 73

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/14/politics/ivana-trump-death/index.html

Ivana Trump, an ex-wife of Donald Trump, has died in her home in New York City, the former President posted on Truth Social.

There was no word on a cause. Ivana Trump is the mother of Donald Jr., Ivanka Trump and Eric Trump. She was 73.

Wow!

Hadn’t heard that.

How long until Donald says something inappropriate about her?

Depends on how many are sitting on him.

“I am very saddened to inform all of those that loved her, of which there are many, that Ivana Trump has passed away at her home in New York City. She was a wonderful, beautiful, and amazing woman, who led a great and inspirational life. Her pride and joy were her three children, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric. She was so proud of them, as we were all so proud of her. Rest In Peace, Ivana!,” Donald Trump posted.

The only inappropriate thing I see there is the exclamation point at the end. It looks like, ‘Bye! Have fun!’ rather than a solemn farewell.

While I have no reason to doubt this news, I hesitate to believe anything just because Donald Trump says so.

There’s a “donate!” link right under it.

I don’t believe for a second he wrote that.

Athlete seems like a strange thing to add. It looks like she was fairly athletic in her school days, but never performed as an official athlete in any professional competition. So I’d assume that it was added into the description by someone who knew her well enough to want to emphasize the things that she would have thought about herself - even if no one else would.

I don’t know whether Donald wrote it, but I’d venture to believe that it was written by someone who knew her well - probably family.

The obituary in the New York Times says, “An athletically gifted child, Ivana was particularly adept at skiing, competing with the Czech junior national team, an experience that allowed her to see at least some of the world outside of her small town.” So even if not “professionally” she did ski competitively.

I appreciate Trump wrote something moderately classy! Given his profound reflection on the human condition and heartfelt wish for uniting mankind under a banner of happiness and solidarity, one assumes he fought the temptation to write “Sad!” or something about the perpendicular pronoun.

Cite?

One can’t help but wonder if we’ll have another one of these Melania sightings in the next day or so:

I don’t know enough about Ivana to bear her much animus, but she did spawn Don, Jr.

And it’s really hard to gloss over that.

The one I saw had a “Donate to Save America” button at the end…

You are right. It may have been someone else.

Skiing actually provides the context for one of the more notable Ivana/Donald encounters. As breathlessly reported at the time, Ivana confronted Marla Maples (who Trump left her for) in Aspen, calling her a bitch and telling her to stay away from Donald. When Trump tried to sneak away, the reports are that Ivana - skilled skier that she was - got in front of him and skied backwards so she could yell at him.

I thought all that stuff about Ivana being a champion skier had been debunked as Trump lies.

I was half expecting something along the lines of “I hardly even knew her, she just brought me coffee and babies sometimes.”

The first story I saw (sorry, don’t have a link handy) said that she was found “unresponsive” at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

I read that too, found at the bottom of her stairs.

With the upcoming deposition of the Trumps scheduled, ir may be delayed because of the funeral arrangements. How convenient?