I've never eaten Peanut Butter before...

Don’t limit yourself just to peanut butter, either. Next time you go see a movie, get a bag of popcorn, a box of Goobers (chocolate-covered peanuts) and mix them together. Enjoy. Come back and thank SolGrundy.

And before anybody points it out – yes, Goobers are, technically, nasty. They’re kind of pre-staled, somehow, and taste like the cheapest possible peanuts they could find coated with some of the cheapest possible chocolate. But there’s just something about them that “real” chocolate-covered peanuts can’t match.

Hie thee to the candy aisle!
Payday candy bars, all those salty peanuts with sweet, gooey caramel, yum!
Peanut butter M&Ms are what Reese’s Pieces should have been.
Butterfinger bars
Salted nuts on hot fudge sundaes
Pretzels dipped in PB

Well, it might pay to take it easy. Enjoy some peanut butter but I think splurging might not be wise.

I’m not a doctor but allergies can be funny things. Funny peculiar, not funny ha, ha. If you really were once allergic to peanut oil and the reactions disappeared with age, those old anti-body makers might still be lurking and building up rapidly if you overdo.

My wife was never allergic to bermuda grass pollen. We lived around the stuff for 10 years and then I came home one day and she was in the bathtub covered with big welts and dabbing on the pink stuff whose name I forget. It turned out that after long exposure to the stuff the antibodies had kicked in. She took a series of shots and hasn’t really been bothered much but bermuda pollen still makes her sniffle.

So, enjoy in moderation. As the Greeks said, “Moderation in all things, nothing too much.”

Wow, I can’t imagine testing it out like that. My mom is a classic peanut allergic. She carries hypodermic syringes in her purse. When someone put peanut oil in a cake for her baby shower, we had to turn around and go back to the hostess’s house. My impression is that if she ate an actual teaspoon of peanut , she might not have time for an ambulance to come and get her.

Yes, I guess this is a scolding. For your husband’s sake, you couldn’t just touch it to tongue and go from there? I’d be so mad.

I guess I’m young, because I have no idea what story lieu is referring to.

And I’m trying to figure out which story he’s talking about. Does it have anything to do with a shoe?

Great-gramma’s Peanut Butter Cookies:

1/2 c butter (BUTTER! NOT MARGARINE!)
1/2 c Crisco
1 c brown sugar
1 c white sugar

Cream together

Add:
2 well-beaten eggs
3/4 c peanut butter

Mix well.

Add:
1/4 t salt (or try Accent - it seems to bring out the peanut-buttery goodness a little more)
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
2 t baking soda

Form into balls, squish with a fork, bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

I can answer that one, DMark.

As a kid, I was allergic to so many foodstuffs that it’s a wonder my parents found anything to feed me at all. The list:

Corn (and all corn products, including corn syrup and the like), Wheat (and all wheat products), Chocolate (which has corn syrup in it anyway, so…), Mushrooms, Eggs (and consequently everything with eggs in it) and cow’s milk.

I outgrew the allergy to milk and eggs by kindergarten, the allergies to corn, wheat and their products by early elementary school and the allergy to chocolate in my middle teens. I am still allergic to mushrooms and probably always will be.

The allergist (special allergy doctor) who originally diagnosed my allergies tested me on a twice yearly basis (with these horrible “scratch tests” involving needle pricks on the back) to determine if I was still allergic to those specific foods. He also checked to see if I had developed any new allergies.

Food allergies tend to run in families, just as environmental ones do. My younger half-brother was allergic to all of the things I was, but was also allergic to a host of other foods. Like:

Pork, Beef, Red Food Coloring and Coconut .

He outgrew most of those by late elementary school. At 21, he is still allergic to coconut and is mildly lactose intolerant.

So, yes, thank Og- You can outgrow food allergies. Otherwise, I’d still be sustained on rice cakes and carob. Yuck.

more :wink:

Nothing too graphic, but behind a spoiler tag just in case.

Knowing lieu, he was probably referencing the urban legend of people smearing peanut butter on their genitals and having their dog lick it off.

jellytoes and peanut butter: It was meant to be!

that’s what I was thinking as well :cool:

Yeah, snopes has a page dedicated to that one: http://www.snopes.com/risque/bestial/peanutbt.htm

Peanut butter and apple butter or peach butter or any other kind of butter (exept the yellow stuff). If you make homemade apple butter, it’s even better.

I just found a recipe for peanut butter bread. It is a bread machine recipe. I’m probably going to try it tonight. I’ll let you know if it’s any good.

Unless I missed it, how come nobody’s said SNICKERS yet??? This is the all time best peanut food you could eat. They even started making them with more peanuts!

I also make my own peanut butter cups. They’re huge. I use regular muffin cups. Melt any kind of chocolate and use a pastry brush to put a layer all around the inside of the cup. Wait for it to harden. Fill with any kind of peanut butter. I use super chunk. Leave a little bit of room on the top for the top layer of chocolate. Let them completely cool.
Reese’s are evil. Don’t eat them. That’s not real peanut butter in there. If you want the perfect peanut butter cup experience, make your own.

One more warning:
If you have a DQ near you, don’t get the Peanut Buster Parfait. It’s truly revolting. It has salted peanuts on it. Even worse though, the skin is still on the peanuts too. Salted, skinned peanuts do not belong on vanilla ice cream or hot fudge sauce.

My poor little nephew has a very serious allergy to peanuts. I feel so bad for him. He has to sit at a special table at school. It’s the peanut free table. His friends can sit with him but their lunches have to be inspected first. I wanted him to taste a peanut butter cup so my sister suggested Soy Butter. Oh my god…that stuff is vile. It tastes like shit (looks like it too). At least he doesn’t know what he’s missing. :frowning:

Years ago a woman made me a sandwich that sounded digusting but worked very well. A toasted sandwich is spread with peanut butter and mashed banana which are covered in rashers of crisp fried bacon with either honey or maple syrup drizzled over.

Toasted white bread + peanut butter + marshmallow fluff = fluffernutter.

A more delicious delivery system for gooey goodness has yet to be discovered. Definitely requires a large glass of milk, make sure you have some on hand.

Don’t forget the Kung Po Chicken at your friendly neighborhood Chinese restaurant. Savory chicken, vegetables, and peanuts . . . yummy!

One of my favorite really disgusting treats is to smear a Ritz cracker with some chunky peanut butter (always chunky), and put about half a square of a Hershey’s milk chocolate bar on it.

Or you could try a variation on S’mores by smearing the graham cracker with peanut butter before adding the chocolate and toasted marshmallow.

Pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard. :wink:

Oh my. That could have seriously messed you up.

http://www.personalmd.com/news/reyessyndrome_80200.shtml

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are the best with chili (well, cinnamon rolls with chili is good, too). mmmmmmm!

Sandwiches: PB and nice crisp bacon, or PB and dill pickles. That second one would probably work with any other pickle, but not as well.

For real food: Thai-style Peanut Chicken

Mix PB (unsweetened, no salt, preferably chunky) with soya sauce, a dash of fish sauce, plenty of finely chopped garlic, and some chili paste (or Asian-style hot sauce, or finely chopped fresh peppers). Cut chicken breasts into strips, mix with the sauce so the strips are well coated, and put in the fridge to marinate for an hour or so. (Stir it around once in a while.) Meanwhile, soak some bamboo skewers; they’ll take that same hour. Zigzag the chicken strips onto the skewers and broil or grill, two or three minutes per side until they’re just done.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.