J.Lo and Steven Tyler Leave "American Idol" - Pick Their Replacements

I would watch that show.

show’s really gone in the dumper now.

Sure, them too! Forget the Idol hopefuls! I think any show starring two Rolling Stones, the 24 Guy and an hirsute, articulate wrestler would be totally awesome! :smiley:

Bring back Kara, and give the third seat to some bitter, bitter former contestant who washed out in the semifinals.

This is actually reasonable. I like this.

So long as they give the time gained by those two never speaking to the singers, and not to Ryan, I suspect this would improve the show.

Dunno about the second one, but Todd Rundgren could do a great job replacing Tyler. He’s been making music longer than Tyler, as a record producer he’s been behind some of the best selling albums of all time, he has a legendarily snarky sense of humor -Andy Partridge of XTC: “(Rundgren) was so bloody sarcastic, which is rare with Americans. He’s got it down to an extremely cruel art. He’d ask how you were going to do the vocals and you would stand in front of the mic and do one run through to clear your throat and he’d say, 'That was crap. I’ll come down and I’ll record me singing it and you can have me in your headphones to sing along to.”

And he has a long history of taking responsibility when Tyler ran out on his.

Ozzy Osborne
Ted Nugent (and his compound bow)…

Adam Lambert and Rebecca Black. The black guy is supposed to leave too, so a Magic 8-Ball for his spot.

Jedward.

John Lydon.

Flava Flav and Biz Markie.

Marilyn Mason and Emo Philips.

Even better, Flava Flav and Emo Philips or Biz Markie and Marilyn Mason.

R. Lee Ermey (“You sing like old people fuck, do you know that?”).

Hologram George Carlin.

If they’re not renewing the Sing-Off, Ben Folds might be a decent option. He was a good judge on that show.

For the chick, two seasons ago they had a great guest judge in the audition rounds, but I can’t remember who it was. Katy Perry, maybe?

Bill O’Reilly
Keith Olbermann

because they are both self appointed experts at what makes an “American Idol”

Does they count as one judges or two?

Britney Spears??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

Mike Rowe. Why? Because I miss watching him on TV! He can be hilarious, and he was an opera singer if you need a connection to music.

As for the other judge, well, why not a rotating fill-in? Dolly Parton. Katy Perry. Joan Jett. Why not?

Best laugh I had all day, thanks.

Half.

Ooh, Neil Patrick Harris!

Least watched:

Fran Drescher, Rosie Perez, and Gilbert Gottfried

Most watched:

1. Sofia Vergara, Eva Mendes, Roselyn Sanchez, and Nicole from the Pussy Cat Dolls.

2. The Spice Women (minus Posh Spice)

Since everybody else keeps leaving, and he’s not the star of the show we can make the analogy that Randy:American Idol as Potsie:Happy Days. Therefore they should hire show-killer Ted McGinley and end the show once and for all.