J.Lo and Steven Tyler Leave "American Idol" - Pick Their Replacements

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have left “American Idol”.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to name their replacements. These can be:

1. Who YOU would like to see as judges (and if you hate the show, you can choose the likes of Fran Drescher and Gilbert Gottfried, whatever)

2. Who you think would get the most viewers.

Who’s it gonna be? This holds about as much weight as an actual phone-in vote on “Idol”, so choose wisely (or don’t).

1. Simon Cowell
  2. Paula Abdul

I’m feeling nostalgic.

George Lopez and Stephen Hawking.

Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog and Jimmy Swaggart

Sarah McLachan
John Mellencamp

They should hire Sophia Grace and Rosie from the Ellen Show :slight_smile:

1). Britney Spears – either in addition to, or instead of, her H-Factor obligations. I don’t believe there’s anything about to quality of the talent on AI that disqualifies her from being a judge.

2). a rotating judge, different each week or couple a weeks. Keep the contestants on their toes – Lady Gaga one week, k. d. lang another week.

Yes, I saw the Graham Norton Show, where k. d. lang said she didn’t think much of American Idol. If she won’t judge it for money, publicity or ego, she can at least judge one episode to help spare western civilization a bad singer.

How about Clive Davis or Tommy Mottola? Like Simon Cowell, they have experience as producers and music executives.

Eminem and Elton John.

Let the love fest continue!!

Statler and Waldorf. From The Muppets.

Can we get some kind of petition going to make this happen?

Hologram Tupac and Hologram Tiny Tim.

Keef and Mick

Van Dyke Parks and Tom Waits.

Winner.

Waldorf: I stopped wearing my hearing aid…
Statler: Why, did your hearing improve?
Waldorf: No, this way I don’t have to hear the contestants!
Both: ah-hah-hah!

Sutherland and Foley?

Simon Cowell and Stephen Colbert. Let the Pundit Wars begin!

Gilbert Gottfried and Jim Parsons (as Sheldon Cooper)

Mr. Whatsit suggested: Clarence Thomas and Teller.

Well I was also going to give the win to Statler and Waldorf, but Colbert may be the only thing that could actually get me to watch American Idol.

Jimmy Iovine (he was practically the fourth judge this past season anyway)

Kathy Griffin (good at snark, will keep the censors on their toes now that Steven Tyler is out)