Jan 6 Hearings Follow-Along & Commentary Thread (Starts Jun 9, 2022)

Lots of people are having fun with this:

Missouri Democrats are planning a ‘Hawlin’ Hawley’ 5K race after the GOP senator was shown running from January 6 rioters (msn.com)

Note that Hawley’s Senate term ends in 2024, but he may run again. :slight_smile:

Well, even his nibs could figure out a shot of him flinging a hamburger against the wall is poor optics.

Maybe he learned the word for how his father was dirtying up the language of politics from his father’s paymasters

Am I the only one who realizes that he mixed up his references?

He should have said, “Go to the mat”. I’m 50/50 on whether or not this make him look less stupid, or more stupid, though.

Verb[edit]

go to the mat (third-person singular simple present goes to the mat, present participle going to the mat, simple past went to the mat, past participle gone to the mat)

1. (chiefly US, idiomatic) To continue to struggle or fight until either victorious or defeated.

2.He was ready to go to the mat to keep the old color scheme.*

You’re not the only one.

Yeah, I saw that as I continued to read the thread. I was out of the house last night, so didn’t follow this in real time. I just watched the whole session tonight*. It did seem to take a while for people to point this out, though!

*And I’m a bit drunk. No way I’m watching this shit sober.

My five-year-old caught me laughing at the “That’s All, Folks” Warner Bros closing theme and insisted that I explain why it was funny. I did an EILI5* on why the man was fleeing from a mob of his own creation and that people were mocking him for it. Then I had to explain what the music was - he hasn’t seen Looney Tunes enough.

So now he’s laughing his ass off at Roadrunner & Coyote shorts. I guess this makes up for him dozing off while I listened to the hearings on the radio on the ride home from preschool.

*: “Explain It Like I’m 5”

Amazing

Moderating:

This seems like a good place to close this thread again.

No decision has yet been made whether to start a new thread for September hearings or reopen this one. Please feel free to share your preferences in the Adjacent thread, here:

Thanks.

Next scheduled January 6th hearing is set for September 28th. More details re time to follow.

This thread will reopen 2 hours prior to the time of the scheduled hearing.

ETA: Scheduled time of hearing is 1:00 p.m. Eastern.

ETA ETA: Hearing scheduled above is postponed to an as-yet undetermined date.

ETA ETA ETA: Next scheduled January 6th hearing is set for October 13th at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.

Discussion now open.

My goodness. That was impressively punctual. :slight_smile:

LOL! I am that, generally. Or at least I try to be! :slight_smile:

Here is a print version of what to expect.

Gift link.

I hope this hearing is watched by many.

I forgot this morning because I was swamped at work. I’m working from home, and 15 minutes ago I remembered! I have set up a TV on my desk (can’t stream on work VPN) and I finished the bulk of my work.

I should heat up my lunch… I am excited!

the committee arrives, gavel down.

I’m here. Listening to Mr. Thompson’s opening remarks on CNN.