Jan 6 Hearings Follow-Along & Commentary Thread (Starts Jun 9, 2022)

rep. cheney calls for the testimony.

Nice way to do it … it’s basically boiling down to “all these people pled the Fifth, so we’ve got to hear things straight from Trump.”

Unanimous. No surprise.

Someone please explain to me how anyone could ever sit through that and still hold TFG harmless.

Ho. Lee. Shit. Unanimous.

gavel down, adjourned.

[quote=“deltogre, post:2365, topic:965940, full:true”]
Someone please explain to me how anyone could ever sit through that and still hold TFG harmless.[/quote]

De Nile ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Well, most people who hold him harmless will never sit through it, so that’s irrelevant. Anyone have any reports on Fox News coverage?

Whatever Trump is doing or thinking right now, I’m pretty sure there are ketchup stains on the wall.

According to Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, personal safety comes before esteem.

Once the immediate danger is past you can go back to selling your soul to keep your job.

the secret service needs a top to bottom clear out. the disappearance of the texts is very understandable now.

As every bit of written and spoken testimony was shown, and through all the conclusions drawn from them, I could hear in the back of my head some of the responses: what-about this other thing, you can’t prove that, this is all just political, and on and on and on. If you don’t want to believe something and you aren’t committed to a love of truth, you can deny anything.

@Aspenglow , CNN just now reporting on the safe location where Pelosi and others were for that video we saw earlier. It’s a bunker at Fort McNair. Pelosi’s daughter filmed it.

Thanks for sharing. I hope they find a new location before the next insurrection!

This was from that day.

Congressional Leaders Evacuated to DC’s Fort McNair (wsj.com)

Are they through for the day?

Whoa! That’s pretty heavy. I was wondering how the got there. Found this link:

I’ll post this on the Adjacent Thread so as not to hijack discussion.

Sort of Ninja’d.

I’m just glad they had somewhere to go and were able to get out safely.

yes, that is it for today. this committee is really good with time management.

Interesting. Thanks for the link; I’ll check it out.

There are only two Republican’s on the panel, and they both despise Trump - unanimity is not surprising to me.

Fort McNair should be pretty secure against most forms of civil disorder.

Probably vulnerable to being carpet bombed from the air, though.