Jersey Area Dopers: Dopefest on Saturday the 16th of September

Current list of people planning to or trying to make the DopeFest: Listed in order of posting.

Eve
Hal Briston
and Family
twickster
AndrewL
MannyL

**MsRobyn ** & **Airman Doors ** are still tentive.
**Lavender Blue ** and Family
**Cheesesteak
Available Jones
Annie-Xmas
Draelin ** and her now cooperating internal organs :wink:
NotMyRealUserName
**Boggette ** & **Morgyn ** are not likely “But you never know…”
**psycat90 ** very tentative as would be combining with a visit home.
**brachyrhynchos ** a maybe
Veuve_ClicquotNJ
**DocCathode ** who might need some transport help.
pseudotriton ruber ruber our first New Yorker might make it.

My Wife will make shuttle runs to the Train station. Probably Middle Town.

Jim

I can help with transportation as needed. I live right near the New Brunswick train station. I’d be willing to take people up to and from the DopeFest from anywhere reasonably close to the New Brunswick area.

I’m going to need directions – you have my email address.

What’s the name of the town again?

What do you estimate the drive time from CT to be ? I’d love to come, but can’t commit at this point.

If I am able to make it, I would be happy to pick up a couple of people in NYC on the way …

Wonderful offer thank you.

I will get a large Email mailing out later this week to everyone who has checked in so far. It will have maps, directions and phone numbers. The last 2 weeks have been crazy. Sorry for the delays.

From my house to Mystic Seaport was a 3-hour drive though I timed my journey on Rt95 through the Bronx to avoid the Yankee Game traffic.
Norwalk is under 2 hours again traffic permitting.
I did Springfield Mass in 3.5 hours and Framingham in 4 hours.

Jim

What town?

Holmdel, NJ

Merci!

I sent out and Email with Direction to my home and my Phone Number.
Trying to build the Email List I used the last one and added the new Emails from this thread. The board froze for a while, so I am sure I missed someone and **Eve ** your Email is not public. So please Email me if I missed you or you need directions.

Thank you everyone,
Jim

We’re going to have to bow out. That’s Airman’s drill weekend, and I definitely have to work. Maybe next time.

Robin

I really want one of those ice-cream balls, which I actually have zero use for – maybe I’ll get one and bring ice cream fixin’s for my contribution. There will be kids available for the rolling around of the ball, right?

I know there will be at least two kids, hopefully more.

MsRobyn: Sorry to miss you both again. Maybe next time or at a Philly event.

Jim

My work schedule is, well, really weird (ask any of the Philly or MAD crew) but if I’m not on call that weekend I’ll definitely try to make it.

DocCathode, if you need transport and I end up being able to go I’ll gladly give you a ride to/from.

Yay, Meros!

Prompted by an Email and with one month to go, I guess it is time for this post:
**People want to know what they should bring. **

I plan on having Hamburgers, Hotdogs and sausages to grill.
Rolls for said. Some desert.
I will have plenty of Soda and Diet Soda, homemade Ice Tea, Bass Ale and a few bottles of Wine. Oh and some some juice/juice boxes for the kids.

I will then fill in whatever is not covered by volunteers.
Please bring any side salad, salad or desert or chips that you would enjoy bringing. Let us know. If you want to bring something special to grill, sounds great. If you see something I am forgetting, please remind me.

If you bring beer or Wine Coolers, I would ask that you bring it in a cooler that you can then take home with you and bring a beer you enjoy and would like to share with others.

I am looking forward to a fun day.

Jim

I’ll bring my World Famous Carrot Cake.

I’ll bring my world famous Plastic Plates and Utensils. :slight_smile:

Sounds great.

:smiley: :smiley:

I will bring my world famous chips and salsa

I’m thinking 3-bean salad. And maybe I’ll bring a little bit of my world infamous herring and beets potato salad (for those with brave tastebuds).