Jersey Area Dopers: Dopefest on Saturday the 16th of September

I’ve been promising my mother a quick weekend visit sometime this summer, and I could definitely use a mini-vacation. I might be able to make it if it were on the weekends of 16th or 23rd. Can’t say for sure, but I’ll keep an eye on the thread and then start looking at flights.

Hope you all can make it Boggette, Eve & psycat90.
I am leaning towards the 16th, it looks like it works out the best for the people that have poster so far.

Jim

At this point, I believe your next step would be to ask “Is there anyone who really, really wants to come who can’t make it on the 16th?”

What she said. :wink:

I would say we are aiming at the Saturday the 16th of September at this point.

If anyone wants 4 Bleachers seats to the Yankee Game Tuesday July 18th , Email me and we can make arrangements for you to pick them up.
I have a surprise business trip to Cincinnati and cannot make the game.
The tickets are free, but first come first served.

Jim

I might be able to make it, assuming Rutgers hasn’t laid me off.

I couldn’t make the last one, but puh-leeze - keep us posted as to what date you choose. I would love to attend if I can!

VCNJ~

Tickets are gone.
Veuve_ClicquotNJ, I hope you can make Saturday the 16th of September. I think that will be the date.

If anyone from the Morris County area needs a ride, I will be happy to oblige. My email address is visible in my profile.

Jim, what should do you need me to bring to this Dopefest? Oh, and I also need directions to your place from the Parkway.

I will mark it down now!

VCNJ~

Looks like I spoke too soon. But you never know…

I do not know yet, you are the first to offer so if you want to pick something you will enjoy bringing that should work perfectly.
I will get the directions out within the week.

Very Cool.

I hope you can make it.

Jim

I sent the directions to you Available Jones.

ooooh a bounce house!

I’ll have to look in to public transit. I know I where to get the PATCO high speed line. Hmm, I’m 90% sure I can get to the shoreline and to this Middletown place.

Sorry for the slow reply, coming here by bus is fine. I can meet you in the Plaza right in the middle of town. If you’re near the PATH I can pick you up at Secaucus Junction (or Allied Jucntion? I don’t know if they changed the name.)
It might be easier for me to pick you up in Hoboken. If Annie Xmas wants a ride, I can get her, then hop on the Turnpike and come and get you (or take the scenic route - River Road to Blvd. East) then get on the Turnpike again.
I always hated public transportation.

It’s possible I could make it on the 16th, and even possible I could bring a passenger or two from Queens or Brooklyn.

That would be great, as we get close, we have to coordinate some shuttle trips to the train station.

That would be fantastic, You have been one of the posters that make me more likely to read a thread since the Potato Thread. I look forward to meeting you.

Jim

Luv U 2

I wish I could come, but I’ll already have moved up to Hanover, NH by then. Sorry. :frowning:

Wish you could make it too, good luck with the move.

Jim

I can definitely do the 16th. Looking forward to seeing everyone. If lifts are needed from the Red Bank train station I can help.