Jeunehomme!

I’m looking for a heart-pounding rendition of Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 9 in E-flat Major, K. 271, “Jeunehomme.” I’m specifically looking for a heart-pounding, pedal-to-the-metal, performance of the third movement.

Ideally, the rendition would be played at 240 BPM, but I doubt that any recording artist has played it that fast.

Still, are there any particularly fast performances? The opening sequences of the third movement is magnificent. If I didn’t stop learning piano, I’d probably try playing the opening sequence by myself for my own enjoyment … at a minimum of 240 BPM :eek:.

Most renditions are over the 10 minute mark. The fastest I can find is Mitsuko Uchida’s performance, coming in at 9m10s.

I can’t imagine it played faster than that, without sacrificing musicality.

Holy cow. That is mind-boggling.

Nice. I found one by Ronald Brautigam with the Kolner Akademie, but it sounds like he’s playing a harpsichord rather than an actual piano. You can check it out on Spotify (YouTube doesn’t have Ronald Brautigam). His performance clocks in at a 9:06.

Strange. The first two movements are available. I believe Brautigam plays on a 1802 fortepiano replica.

That explains the rather idiosyncratic sound.

But check this out: the beast below clocks at an epinephrine-charged and dopamine-releasing 8:43 :eek:.

I can’t fathom how he convinced the conductor and the rest of the audience to play that fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exuoGezFJuY

Thanks to the title, I now have Village People dancing through my head.

Hey! Hey! Hey, hey hey!

This is not really a complaint, more of an observation.

Village people? :dubious:

Jeunehomme == Young Man.

As in…
Young man! There’s no need to feel down. I said,
Young man! Pick yourself off the ground. I said,
Young man! 'Cause you’re in a new town,
There’s no need to be unhappy.

Well, the pianist Leif-Ove Andsnes was conducting from the bench. And I know folks are trying to salvage classical music by having interactive programs, but that must be one hell of an audience :smiley:

How did I miss that :smack:.

Oh yeah. I found the clip on YouTube and then I immediately found the clip on Spotify and started listening from there :p.

And here I thought you were looking for a French cover of ‘YMCA’.

Jeune homme, there’s no need to feel down, I said jeune homme, pick yourself off the ground… :smiley:

Edit : Should read thread before replying! I see great minds think alike.